TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team news: Gillingham v Pompey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bazunu
Romeo, Williams, Ogilvie, Freeman
Thompson, Morrell
Reeco Hackett, Harness, Curtis
Hirst

Subs.
Bass, Brown, Vincent, Ahadme, Azeez,
Harrison, Jacobs
Ok but not surprisingly, weak at the back
Brown injury keeps him out of starting 11. Why do so many of our players get injured without playing?
According to the line up on Livescore:
Baz
Williams Ogilvie Freeman
Recco Thompson Morrell Romeo
Harness
Hirst Curtis

Subs Bass, Brown, Ahadme, Azeez Vincent Harrison Jacobs
latest news, Brown out with a back injury and Harvey Jewitt-White in.
In a season of crap refs, this one is right at the top of the pile.
Commentary suggesting he's making it up as he goes along. Shame we can't get more midfield control and press the back like we had tuesday.
Poor stuff all round, maybe Azeez will improve things creatively

Lots of hard work and endeavour but very little quality or skill on view.

The game is there for Pompey to win
TBF the ref's been crap for both teams
get in!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shows the value of playing till the final whistle…..and having a player like Jacobs who can produce a little bit of magic
(27-11-2021, 04:54 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]Shows the value of playing till the final whistle…..and having a player like Jacobs who can produce a little bit of magic

I don't know why he's not on much earlier - or even from the start.
protecting a player with a bad injury record, seems sensible to me.
Most of all confirms the value of keeping a clean sheet regularly.
I'd have Jacobs on at the start instead of Recco
(27-11-2021, 03:47 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]In a season of crap refs, this one is right at the top of the pile.

Thought he was ok overall. Two wrong decisions that cancelled each other out
(27-11-2021, 10:56 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I'd have Jacobs on at the start instead of Recco

Don't think Jacobs has either the pace, stamina or defensive ability to play wing back for 90 mins.  In a different formation maybe, but not with a back three.
I meant in our normal set up or as one of the attacking 3 midfielder/ wide players
Listening to DC post-match it sounds as though he would have played Jacobs if they could have found enough defenders to play 4 at the back, but asking him to be a wing-back was never an option. I also hope we can find a way to include him more often because he has a little bit of extra magic in him every now and again.
I can see why we tried Reeko as a wing back. He's on a very fast learning curve in a lot of ways. Looks like a really useful squad player who won't be a world beater but adds energy and enough goals to make a difference.