TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Reaction: Gillingham 0 - 1 Pompey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Football is wonderful ain't it. The only sport where you can suffer an anuerysm from sheer anger 1 minute, then an aneurysm from sheer joy the next. Not sure I can take too many more last minute winners though.

PUP
And the scummers got a good stuffing as well.
And Cowley was recently talking about one of the worst penalty decisions not given he has ever seen. Then today Baz absolutely clatters the gills player. Stone Wall pen. And nothing. Lol funny old game innit
Today's winner reminded me of a classic last minute winner at Gillingham back in 1980 when Frankie Burrows was manager. First season back in div 3, a new ground to visit, horrible open terracing that pre-dated the horrible open away seating and it was freezing that day as well.

It was 2 points for a win in those days so an away 0-0 would have been a good result and I remember us wasting time in the far left corner as the final seconds ticked by. Not sure who it was - possibly Alan Rogers? - but a single Pompey player kept the ball in the corner for ages and the home defenders were becoming irate. There were a couple of Gills defenders trying to get the ball to launch one final attack then both central defenders decided to rush over to help out as did their keeper. Somehow, despite 4 defenders and a keeper against one, whoever it was on the wing managed to cross the ball into the box and there was Dave Gregory alone in the penalty area to bang it into the empty net!
True the ref should have given Gills a pen, but he should have allowed our disallowed goal having played on for several seconds.
It didn't look a penalty on TV. It looked as though Bazunu got there first. Although it was a bit quick.
Shouldn’t have let Garwood go! Still rankles
Perfect topic title for what came out of Steve Evans mouth afterwards.
Here's a sample:

“It is a hard one to take because of the manner of it, if they come and outplay us, a lot of people were talking and no more than Cowley himself that they felt if they got an early goal what they could do with us. Yeah, man on the moon.

“They deserved to get beat. We will listen to the nonsense from him and the superstars, their nonsense, but if they are honest, which they never are, they will say they deserved to get beat."

What an absolute tool. 

More here
https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/spor...on-258194/

Respect for the Gilllingham fans commenting after the article, embarrassed at his after-match antics and clearing wanting him out.
What's a refreshing turnaround this season is that we're scoring last minute goals rather than conceding, which always feels like a kick in the knackers
Charming man isn't he! Seems not an ounce of grace or football knowledge in him.
I quite like him actually
Big chip on his shoulder.
He always wears his heart on his sleeve. At least he can make the most dull game interesting!
(28-11-2021, 11:01 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]He always wears his heart on his sleeve. At least he can make the most dull game interesting!

Exactly, he's a throw back, which is quite refreshing in this day and age of dull pc shite where managers generally use a lot of words to say feck all
I remember winning that game think it's the only time I went to Gillingham. Just had a look on Pompeyrama and it turns out that that was the next away game after Liverpool away. Worst thing it's over 40 years ago!