TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Danny gets it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just been watching the DC interview after the Gillingham game. Great to see how he is really starting to get just what Portsmouth is all about. Loved the way he celebrated in front of the Fratton End last Saturday and he does seem to be developing a true appreciation of the value of our support and how much Pompey matter to the city. 
He quite rightly took a lot of stick during the really bad spell we had this season but should now be getting praise for the way things are turning around. Questions were being asked whether he had enough experience at this level, of being at the helm of a club of our size and the answer to that is no, he didn't. However he is clearly an intelligent guy, a big studier of the game and someone who learns quickly. If he keeps learning, showing the adaptability and motivational skills that have been required, particularly recently, I really feel we have could have a manager who will develop with us and am starting to believe he really could lead us to a big promotion push.
Keep it going Danny.
PUP
(28-11-2021, 10:55 AM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]Just been watching the DC interview after the Gillingham game. Great to see how he is really starting to get just what Portsmouth is all about. Loved the way he celebrated in front of the Fratton End last Saturday and he does seem to be developing a true appreciation of the value of our support and how much Pompey matter to the city. 
He quite rightly took a lot of stick during the really bad spell we had this season but should now be getting praise for the way things are turning around. Questions were being asked whether he had enough experience at this level, of being at the helm of a club of our size and the answer to that is no, he didn't. However he is clearly an intelligent guy, a big studier of the game and someone who learns quickly. If he keeps learning, showing the adaptability and motivational skills that have been required, particularly recently, I really feel we have could have a manager who will develop with us and am starting to believe he really could lead us to a big promotion push.
Keep it going Danny.
PUP

He has got nearly 700 games under his belt as a manager so he is hardly a rookie and he has managed a club of a similar size in the Championhip so I think the talk of PFC being too big for him was always mostly misplaced. What is different about Pompey to his previous clubs is the weight of expectation and he is showing signs of being able to cope with that.
I certainly had my doubts. Th way he (and the team) have turned things around has been thoroughly impressive. Seeing them collapse at MK and the at home was very worrying. But now even with key players missing we are still finding a way. Far from the finished article as a team but most definitely heading in the right direction and now getting just about the entire squad to contribute which is fantastic.