TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Wimbledon away tickets sold out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sold out now.
new ground, first league game there.
Those who went to the mid week cup game had the right idea.
Best all support the FA cup game instead.
Enjoy the beer in the ground, its brewed by my brother in law 100 yards from the stadium!
Was obvious that demand for tickets would massively exceed supply and it sold out in minutes.

However, whatever happened to the loyalty points scheme that should have been used to prioritise fans who regularly travel away? Doesn't seem to have been applied this season.

If, and it's a big if, we make the 3rd round and get an away draw where tickets are in short supply, will the club apply loyalty points to allocate the tickets?
(04-12-2021, 12:05 PM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: [ -> ]Was obvious that demand for tickets would massively exceed supply and it sold out in minutes.

However, whatever happened to the loyalty points scheme that should have been used to prioritise fans who regularly travel away? Doesn't seem to have been applied this season.

If, and it's a big if, we make the 3rd round and get an away draw where tickets are in short supply, will the club apply loyalty points to allocate the tickets?

A couple I know with 33 loyalty points each, agree, they say they werent applied for this game
(02-12-2021, 10:13 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Enjoy the beer in the ground, its brewed by my brother in law 100 yards from the stadium!

Drive past it on a regular basis. Stools outside in the summer. Glad they are supporting local businesses!
Don't understand the point of loyalty points.
(04-12-2021, 07:43 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Don't understand the point of loyalty points.

I think you accumilate points as you purchase items from the same retailer...if you fill up at texico you would be given points per £10 spent.Ater a while you would have enough points to exchange for a free gift...A radio alarm clock, A wine decanter set, Migeul Azeez etc..
(05-12-2021, 08:53 AM)Alcopops Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-12-2021, 07:43 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Don't understand the point of loyalty points.

I think you accumilate points as you purchase items from the same retailer...if you fill up at texico you would be given points per £10 spent.Ater a while you would have enough points to exchange for a free gift...A radio alarm clock, A wine decanter set, Migeul Azeez etc..

Sorry I meant loyalty points at Pompey and how that works?
(05-12-2021, 08:53 AM):DAlcopops Wrote: [ -> ]

Big Grin
Aaaah Plough Lane. Some of my best memories as a fan...
Two, in particular, stand out:
Billy Wilson's 30-yard screamer into the top corner that sent us top of Division Four.
Noel Blake's back-pass to.........you know the rest!
(05-12-2021, 11:00 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Aaaah Plough Lane. Some of my best memories as a fan...
Two, in particular, stand out:
Billy Wilson's 30-yard screamer into the top corner that sent us top of Division Four.
Noel Blake's back-pass to.........you know the rest!

Don't forget Knight being dragged off after 60 seconds for taking an elbow in the chops from Eric Young, only for Fashanu to take 89 minutes of payback in a case of mistaken identity
(05-12-2021, 08:53 AM)Alcopops Wrote: [ -> ]

I thought this was the most boring post of all time, until I got to the end! Creased me up  Big Grin
so what freebies would we like pompey to offer for Christmas, other than a free pass to the third round.
For those going on Satdee there may be random vaccination spot checks outside the ground.

However:

"Fans will NOT be refused entry if they are unable to provide any Covid certification evidence. It is a spot check survey only and our target is to cover 10 per cent of our total stand capacity - and over 50 per cent of hospitality guests".
Presumably an exercise to see how it goes. Something Pompey would never think of doing. I accept that they don't have the opportunity this time.
Was looking forward to the game just our luck when on good run.
Cancelled as Pompey haven’t got enough squad due to Covid cases.
I found some film on YouTube of that Blakey own goal at Wimblddon

https://youtu.be/lWt_jBXNLfo

Did Kevin Dillon also get an elbow in the face there?
Thanks for that, heard so much about it but had never seen it. Two goals in a minute and a bit of drubbing. Poor old Knoightsie
I'm sure it was fash the bash who did alan knight and signed for millwar that weekend and played against us again the following tuesday.

My other memories are of being terrified getting out of the place and being nearly crushed in that awful tunnel thing that impersonated an exit, the other one was a pre Christmas game when trouble broke out in the end opposite the bulk of pompey fans and advertising hoardings where pushed onto the penalty area, word was chelsea fans returning from scum were involved?
(18-12-2021, 01:29 AM)brian bromley Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure it was fash the bash who did alan knight and signed for millwar that weekend and played against us again the following tuesday.

We all thought it was Fashanu at the time but I'm pretty sure it was actually Young .
What impressed me though was Fashanu's attitude, he took a battering for 89 minutes and didn't whinge about it or moan to the ref he just got back up and got on with it. Obviously he dished a fair bit back but he went up in my estimation that day.
It was Young, actually.

I remember seeing a picture of Knight's face when it was healing and it looked a right mess.
(18-12-2021, 03:32 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]It was Young, actually.

I remember seeing a picture of Knight's face when it was healing and it looked a right mess.

Yes it was BTC.

I was behind the goal and can remember the sickening bone crunching sound when it happened.

Not surprising Knightsie was never as good on crosses again.