TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: north stand development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the first time in my lifetime we seem to have a plan that might actually happen.
Surprised the hotel is separate and won't be surprised to see that change along with more residential and less of everything else. 
Good step along the long long road
(06-12-2021, 09:23 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]For the first time in my lifetime we seem to have a plan that might actually happen.
Surprised the hotel is separate and won't be surprised to see that change along with more residential and less of everything else. 

Wait! What? I thought the new development was happening in Farlington.
Wot no Tippner?
No Hard.....
What ever happened to the Solent toilet bowl plans
(06-12-2021, 09:23 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]For the first time in my lifetime we seem to have a plan that might actually happen.

How do you work that out? The statement has massive caveats such as league position, ownership of land and a seemingly self-entitlement for other people to build a free bridge. If it was that imminent they wouldn't be messing around with the north stand now.

Whenever the plans do get approved I guarantee that the houses and hotel will be built way before any work on the actual ground.  I will be genuinely surprised if a rebuilt north stand emerges within the next 10 years.

Basically they are just property developers that own a club. I know it's necessary but turning a rare Archibald leitch south stand into an bog standard bstand is just a shame.

Don't listen to me. I'm just dreading freezing my bollocks off tonight.
it being in the city plan makes it a lot easier to get permission. AND there is actually a plan to pay for the work. I would still be happy to something happen near Hilsea using Roko and Rugby Camp but this looks a concrete proposal rather than pie in the sky.
I won't believe it 's happening till I see Michael Eisner Sat in a digger with a hard hat on. ;-)
That Herzog de Mueron CGI sketch for the Hard was pretty fabulous though - the rake of the terracing and the contained noise would’ve been fantastic.
(07-12-2021, 10:56 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]That Herzog de Mueron CGI sketch for the Hard was pretty fabulous though - the rake of the terracing and the contained noise would’ve been fantastic.

could have bought up an old aircraft Carrier and sailed it around the country for all sorts of events! That design would have fitted nicely,
(07-12-2021, 10:49 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]I won't believe it 's happening till I see Michael Eisner Sat in a digger with a hard hat on. ;-)

Haha I bet he would get confused, panic hit a lever  then hit the massive electric cable behind the North Stand.
I wonder what his face would look like as the voltage hits him?