TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team news: Pompey v Sheffield Wednesday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bazunu
Raggett, Ogilvie, Freeman
Williams, Azeez
Reeco Hackett, Romeo
Harness, Curtis
Hirst

Subs.
Bass, Brown, Jewitt-White, Ahadme,  Hughes, Marquis, Gifford, Harrison
Brown isn't in the squad. Injured.

Using the same weak midfield as Saturday... not optimistic for this one.
Morell out still!!!
Commentator just said we haven't scored a headed goal all season. He's no reason to be lying to me, but I can't believe that.
Good first half but we're really missing Morrell. Jacobs must be injured too hence Azeez but he looks out of his class.
Really good first 30 minutes. Just needed that goal. Hirst and Curtis causing problems. Personally I think this is the best Azeez has played for us so far. Hackett having a few problems. Overall way better so far than Saturday though.
no headed goal to date?
Time for Raggie to be a hero then
That was frustrating, tremendous display from the Wednesday keeper though.
Wednesday keeper had a blinder and their defence was solid . Lot of huff and puff but need more upfront to unlock those defences . Not a bad performance to be fair .
Decent enough performance but, as usual, we lack that midfield player with the extra bit of class, extra bit of time and ability to deliver the killer pass that unlocks defences.

May cost us dear in the end, problem is, anybody with a bit of real class isn’t going to fit in with Cowley’s high press tactics so on we go with a ‘hell for leather’ midfield loads of energy but little class.
Good first half. Huff and puff 2nd as it all petered out. Desperate for a goal scorer of course.
Whiteblue, that's where we miss Morrell and Jacobs. With one of those in and the other on the bench, we'll be fine. Up front Hirst looks the part, but we need to get rid of Marquis and Harrison and get a decent CF.
(07-12-2021, 10:29 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]Whiteblue, that's where we miss Morrell and Jacobs. With one of those in and the other on the bench, we'll be fine. Up front Hirst looks the part, but we need to get rid of Marquis and Harrison and get a decent CF.

I like Hirst in most respects except that like all our strikers he doesn't score. Unfortunately that is what strikers are paid for
Our striking quartet of Hirst, Marquis, Harrison and Ahadme has got to be one of the least lethal in the division.
Greed, but Hirst is looking the best of them, but we need two decent back-up
Our best striker has scored once in his last 45 league 1 appearances. There's a player in there, but he certainly isn't much to get excited about in my opinion.
As an Islander I didn't go tonight for obvious reasons. Those that did make it from the Island are presently half way across The Solent...real fans.
I wonder if sometimes supporters really know what they are looking at and even begin to appreciate what Cowley is acheiving with exraordinarily limited resources.
OK no goals and only a point against a side reduced to ten men for the last twenty minutes but, in context, this was an impressive performance. If you give weight to the squad he had to put together a few month ago made up of loanees, free transfers, injury prone individuals etc. and yet we are now starting to play an impressive brand of modern football that puts Jacket's predicatable efforts completely in the shade. You can now see what they are trying to acheive and I applaud his tactical approach despite the handicap of a lengthening injury list (part of which (Robertson, Thompson, Harrison) was almost inevitable) and illness.
Most discerning fans say good luck to you Danny, let's hope you get the support and help you deserve from our 'sustainable' owners in a few weeks time. We are very close to something a bit more special compared with that what we've had for some considerable time. Will it happen? I don't know to be honest but with the right backing we could go close, although we'll need to take a lot points off the teams above us.
Get some contracts sorted out to avoid a repeat of last summer.
PS If the stomach bug stretched as far as it did through the squad it makes you wonder what our Covid precautions must be like and give Morrell and Jacobs some Imodium available at your local chemist store!!
Pleasing performance considering all the injuries & illness. Wednesday couldn't have complained if they'd have received a tonking. Very impressed with the attacking play apart from the crossing which I can only assume was weather affected. But all in all for 0-0 decent effort.