TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Stats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently have the joint 5th best defence but the 17th best attack. 

I would mention that our tactics of using the whole team to work when out of possession helps improve our goals against figures.

Regarding the woeful goals for stat. It could be argued that the strikers aren't getting the service. However just from watching games, we know that's not really the case. 

Counting down the days till January and DC can hopefully address this.
We hope Peddars - Let's hope the Eisner's were watching last night - might inspire them to put Santa's hat on for Cowley!
(08-12-2021, 09:09 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Currently have the joint 5th best defence but the 17th best attack. 

I would mention that our tactics of using the whole team to work when out of possession helps improve our goals against figures.

Regarding the woeful goals for stat. It could be argued that the strikers aren't getting the service. However just from watching games, we know that's not really the case. 

Counting down the days till January and DC can hopefully address this.

I noticed last night that, even against 10 men, we don’t leave a man up when the opposition gets a corner or free kick. If we did, that would force two of the opposition players out of the danger zone.

We also never seem to have anyone in the box when the ball is played in, we never have anyone at the back post and the standard of crossing is absolutely woeful.

It was a much improved performance though.
have to say going forward, out of front 3 we probably have two of the best wide players, but are so obviously lacking a poacher in the middle. We don't score enough tap ins inside the 6 yard box (or ditto close in headers)
Our finishing is J Arthur. Tues was a fine example. Blasting it first time through a crowded box numerous times, allowing them to block, instead of taking a touch and placing it. It's not rocket science. Even the farm hand, Raggett, should have done better with that late chance - even for a defender with 2 left feet it was a sitter.