TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Defeat tomorrow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
now guaranteed as DC has won manager of the month.
Should dodge the bullet this time !

Morecambe in the middle of a poor run with the worst defensive record in the division by a long, long way and almost wholly dependant on one man (Cole Stockton) for their goals.

Surely Raggs can contain Stockton whilst even Pompey’s lacklustre strikers can find 2 or 3 goals against a defence as porous as Morecambe’s.

I’ll be interested to see how well Stockton performs, I’ve only see him on Quest but he does have an eye for goal, with Morecambe getting by on gates around 4,000 they may have to cash in on him if someone comes in for him in January.

Of course, a bumper gate at Spurs in the Cup might produce some extra funds but, like at Pompey this season, the gate may be low.

Surely 3 or 4 nil
Manager of the month AND Morecambe in the middle of a poor run with the worst defensive record in the division... We're doomed!
(10-12-2021, 11:29 AM)Lt Dan Wrote: [ -> ]Manager of the month AND Morecambe in the middle of a poor run with the worst defensive record in the division... We're doomed!

Now there's someone who really knows Pompey!
(10-12-2021, 10:15 AM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]now guaranteed as DC has won manager of the month.

Was the headline "American twat's mug manager wins Manager of the Month"?
Cole Stockton has had an interesting career in that he is much travelled and, broadly speaking, has been unsuccessful as a striker until his current stint with Morecambe.

2011/2019 Various clubs 200 games 28 goals
2019/20 L2 Morecambe.  30 games  5 goals
2020/21 L2  Morecambe  40 games 13 goals
2021/22  L1 Morecambe   L17 games  12 goals

Marquis is in good company it seems as a one or two season wonder
Morecambe score a lot of goals so should be an exciting game.
Morcombe FFS. Surely we are better than that. No, we should be better than that.
Time to get promoted. I'm fed up with third division football.
(10-12-2021, 06:29 PM)Cleaver Greene Wrote: [ -> ]Morcombe FFS. Surely we are better than that. No, we should be better than that.
Time to get promoted. I'm fed up with third division football.

would you be any less fed up with a relegation campaign in the champ?
Historically that would seem what we should expect?
unless we build a young side that can grow through the divisions perhaps?
Wasn't it against Morecambe a few seasons back that we were 3-0 down at home but eventually drew 3-3 with Jaydon Stockley scoring the late equaliser with a great diving header? We were expected to smash them that day too.
Should be a great open game; attack against defence. 

I love entertainment!
(11-12-2021, 07:07 AM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]Wasn't it against Morecambe a few seasons back that we were 3-0 down at home but eventually drew 3-3 with Jaydon Stockley scoring the late equaliser with a great diving header? We were expected to smash them that day too.

Weren't we down to 10 as well?
All I can remember of the 3.3 game was Gary Roberts scored the other 2 and that late late Stockley equaliser at the Milton End
I suppose this is a bit on a ‘banana skin’ game !

Manager of the month syndrome, in-form team versus one on the slide.

Team that’s tight at the back against a defence that’s got more holes than a colander.

A bit of steel required from Pompey, nice to think we might show a ruthless streak that’s been missing for ages, Sunderland and MK Dons filled their boots up, so should we.

Need to shackle Stockton though
I was at Morecambe when their goalie headed that injury time equaliser, It was a long old journey back, think Lucketts got us home at 0400. I enjoyed today thinking of that game but as I've posted elsewhere the 2nd half was pretty cr*p