TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Morecambe Preview & Pompey Analysis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good morning,

For anyone interested, a full match preview and analysis of Pompey can be found at
https://shrimpsonline.co.uk/2021/12/11/portsmouth-9th-vs-the-shrimps-20th-preview-swot-analysis-11th-december/

Look forward to hearing any comments.

Hopefully we can look forward to an exciting game!
Cheers for that. As in depth an analysis as you can get. Must have taken a while to do!
Excellent !

Puts some of the unsubstantiated, shallow views posted on this Board ( including my own) to shame.

Still difficult to forecast the result though
Yeh, thanks for posting that. A pretty in depth analysis.

I think you could ask almost any pompey fan and they'd give you the same answer about where we need to improve.

We are showing signs of improving as a team but don't quite have the consistency to challenge at the top (yet).
Blimey! This is really Great stuff. PPDA new phrase for all of us. D.C. will be all over this & loving the detailed analysis. Be great to have for every game.
2nd half was pretty cr*p apart from Ogilvie's headed goal and Bazunu tipping that screamer onto the post
Marquis' confidence seems to be at rock bottom. He was almost incapable of controlling the ball. Hirst is first choice by a mile at the moment although he needs to be a little luckier as he's had several goal bound efforts saved incredibly well in the few games he's played.
Yes I said at half time I'd love to see him get a goal
(11-12-2021, 06:37 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I said at half time I'd love to see him get a goal

Me also. Liking him more each time I see him but needs to be scoring
(12-12-2021, 11:26 AM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2021, 06:37 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I said at half time I'd love to see him get a goal

Me also. Liking him more each time I see him but needs to be scoring

Hirst reminds me of a L1 Benjani (when he 1st arrived). Couldn't score no matter what he did, then when he finally notched couldn't stop scoring. Just needs a lucky goal. Yesterday he shot & somehow & defender deflected it onto the woodwork which eventually Harness scored from. So unlucky.