TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Reaction: Pompey 2 - 0 Morecambe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bazunu 9. Apart from a dodgy throw to Hackett, fantastic

Freeman 6. Heart stopping moments.

Ogilvie 8. A headed goal, Yay! Steady.

Rags. 8. Mr dependable. Second name on the team sheet.

Hackett. 7.  Not his best game. Seemed to run into dead ends and had no clue what to do. Everyone has an off day.

Romeo. 8. Can we keep him? Just don't let him take long shots.

Azeez. 6. Not much to impress.

Williams. 6. Just getting too old. Not his fault. He needs a rest.

Harness. 7. A goal but so wasteful, around the box.

Curtis. 7. Just not on the money today.

Hirst. 8. Never thought I'd say this but we look far more of a threat up front, with him.  Really could not understand Marquis replacing him.

Marquis. 6. Why?????

Harrison. 6. Never got in the game.
perhaps we are saving Hirst for the big games?
Or he was one who was ill and was feeling tired?
I hadn’t considered that.
He looked very disappointed to come off and he was still making runs.
(11-12-2021, 11:32 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Bazunu 9. Apart from a dodgy throw to Hackett, fantastic

Freeman 6. Heart stopping moments.

Ogilvie 8. A headed goal, Yay! Steady.

Rags. 8. Mr dependable. Second name on the team sheet.

Hackett. 7.  Not his best game. Seemed to run into dead ends and had no clue what to do. Everyone has an off day.

Romeo. 8. Can we keep him? Just don't let him take long shots.

Azeez. 6. Not much to impress.

Williams. 6. Just getting too old. Not his fault. He needs a rest.

Harness. 7. A goal but so wasteful, around the box.

Curtis. 7. Just not on the money today.

Hirst. 8. Never thought I'd say this but we look far more of a threat up front, with him.  Really could not understand Marquis replacing him.

Marquis. 6. Why?????

Harrison. 6. Never got in the game.

A very good summary Cunning, I agree with pretty much all of that.
I'd give Hackett a 5 at best. Doesn't have the game to be a wingback. Apart from odd spells he is far too inconsistent and has turned into the crablike Richard Hughes of late. Hopefully Brown is back next weekend.
(12-12-2021, 09:27 AM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]I'd give Hackett a 5 at best.  Doesn't have the game to be a wingback.  Apart from odd spells he is far too inconsistent and has turned into the crablike Richard Hughes of late.  Hopefully Brown is back next weekend.

like Hughes, probably a very handy squad player who seems delighted to be here and will never let us down (apart from skill wise)
(12-12-2021, 10:47 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-12-2021, 09:27 AM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]I'd give Hackett a 5 at best.  Doesn't have the game to be a wingback.  Apart from odd spells he is far too inconsistent and has turned into the crablike Richard Hughes of late.  Hopefully Brown is back next weekend.

like Hughes, probably a very handy squad player who seems delighted to be here and will never let us down (apart from skill wise)

I think he’s better than that. He’s being played as a wingback but his forte is certainly not defending. He is a fearless player when it comes to taking someone on and is better off being around the opposition box, not ours. He didn’t show that lack of fear yesterday and I marked him down for that. 
If anyone was the player to have rung in sick, I would have put it down to him.
I would have given Azeeez 6.5 for effort, and "keeping-going".

I think he is slowly maturing into this style/grade of football, and noticeably putting his foot in more.
Azeez has taken time to adjust but game by game he is improving so we need to be patient with him. I'm pretty sure DC is still keen on an U/23 CB from Arsenal for a 2nd half year loan unless he has money to spend from ME. Our priority has to be a goal scoring CF though someone good in the air & on the ground which will cost around £2-3M to buy someone decent.
I don’t think you’ll get any more money out of the owners. A lot will depend on offloading Harrison, Marquis, Downing.

We will need 2 or 3 strikers if Ahadme also goes.
We really need 2-3 CB’s but could probably make do with 1 if Robertson gets fit and stays fit. We should ask Wigan for Whatmough back lol
Azeez has had enough time.

Compare him with another Arsenal loanee, Michael Thomas, and you can see the gulf in class between them. I haven't seen anything to excite me about Azeez, he shows as much promise as Ross McCrorie.

Remember him and his million pound rating???
With Arsenal's defensive failings over many years, do we really want to take on a youngster trained by them?
(14-12-2021, 12:08 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]With Arsenal's defensive failings over many years, do we really want to take on a youngster trained by them?

a centre back that is, especially if Azeez is seen as their shining light
No more nippers, unless they’re first team ready. We may as well play our own. We need very good L1 or championship players in January for 3 key positions. Probably even another keeper if he lets Bass go on loan.
Bournemouth's steve cook stood out for me, especially if h fancies staying local
Why would we want to turf Bass out on loan, we need a good oven-ready replacement?
It will depend upon which if any players we can move on.

Jacobs may have to be sacrificed for money for a striker unfortunately.

Azeez is on a 12 month loan so he may be staying put for the rest of the season.

Their real Star is Charlie Patino - 18 & already pushing for a 1st team slot.
(15-12-2021, 04:00 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]It will depend upon which if any players we can move on.

Azeez is on a 12 month loan so he may be staying put for the rest of the season.

Azeez has already made a first team appearance.

In any case, I remember you making fantastic claims about Ruben Sammut and how we were missing out on a star. How’s he doing now????
(15-12-2021, 04:36 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-12-2021, 04:00 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]It will depend upon which if any players we can move on.

Azeez has already made a first team appearance.

In any case, I remember you making fantastic claims about Ruben Sammut and how we were missing out on a star. How’s he doing now????
Only the Caraboue Cup. Thanks for reminding me. Playing Non-league at present but still young. Football is a strange arena & a couple of injuries can change things. Sunderland new manager didn't want him so no chance to impress. Watch out or Charlie though rated as best Arsenal youngster since Jack Willshere. On the bench tonight.