TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Pearce
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Out of contract in the summer.

Worth £50k punt to Charlton now?
I suppose it would all depend on Downing or Raggett (if the Stoke rumours should prove to be true) departing, are you thinking of a loan or a purchase - a one year contract but not longer, he is 33 after all.

Don’t know how he is playing but did well when he was here - wasn’t he Player of the Year ?

Jack is very good but my heart is in my mouth every time he goes down with a knock, Raggett is much improved but I rate Nico as a Red card waiting to happen, clatters in to tackles heedlessly and, often, needlessly (he should watch Jack and learn).

I think we need some decent cover in a few positions, I suppose the Spurs lad is seen as cover for the energetic Cannon but I hope that’s not it.
I think Pearce would be a great character to have around the place. I doubt he'd be a regular starter at his age but would be a boost to the squad and a leader.

The new chap from spurs I'm told can play LB or DM. So it keeps us guessing on if the slight reshuffle leaves space to sign a Ben Thompson or a Steve Seddon?
Thompson scored a late goal for Millwall in their 3-1 defeat at the weekend, don’t know whether he started the game but the signs for a move to Pompey don’t look good.....I would love to see him joining Pompey.

I think I would prefer Pearce to Nico on the bench for the run in, his experience might be important.
Thompson is a no no, time to move on.
Charlton fans saying on a poor pitch and in windy conditions Pearce was woeful, both centre backs are not good enough. He did win a penalty when he threw himself to the ground for a disputed penalty.