TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Marquis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To Peterborough? Reading a story that says they've made an enquiry. Fingers crossed!
I don’t think this is a goer, even Barry Fry’s not that stupid
I believe in Christmas miracles ;-)
(23-12-2021, 12:34 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]To Peterborough? Reading a story that says they've made an enquiry. Fingers crossed!

At the right club he will probably score lots of goals again. 

We were never the right club for him, he signed out of the blue and it would appear without much planning about how we would fit him in, a signing that disrupted all our pre-season preparation and basically he never quite fitted our system. I would say his work ethic for the team has improved since he has been here, but his finishing has suffered several confidence crises - a move would be best for all concerned now, as long as we replace him well.
You're absolutely right, he never did fit into our system. He certainly doesn't fit the way that Cowley wants to play and he's not a good enough player to adapt. It's debateable as whether we had a system under Jackett...well that's not quite true we did have a system, or more accurately an approach, it was the same home and away, irrespective of the quality of the opposition, weather conditions, player availability or form etc. Sometimes it worked (normally before Xmas) and a lot of the time it didn't. It's going to be a tricky time for Cowley because making wholesale changes isn't going to happen in the current environment and the squad is so small that he needs to get a couple in before he lets anyone go, even Marquis! He certainly can't afford to let players like Harness or Curtis go. As soon as Cheltenham mentioned a fee for their centre-half that pretty nearly put that one to bed; the odds are it won't happen.
a move would seem good for all concerned, except when he returns and scores a goal or two against us of course.
He could not hit the sea, if he fell out of a boat.
Marquis isn't League 1 level. Interest from a Championship side is laughable and if they're offering anything north of £250k I think we should take it.
(23-12-2021, 05:30 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Marquis isn't League 1 level. Interest from a Championship side is laughable and if they're offering anything north of £250k I think we should take it.

If they are offering anything we should take it ffs  Smile .
I seem to recall us saying similar about Michael Smith, not to mention every striker we've had since hitting rock bottom.
(23-12-2021, 08:44 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I seem to recall us saying similar about Michael Smith, not to mention every striker we've had since hitting rock bottom.

Michael Smith was good though  Smile .
If true, I’ll drive Marquis up to Peterborough myself free of charge  Big Grin
We've transfer listed the fucker, good https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb...ns-3505494
We'll just have to remember we'll need to score at least 3 against whoever he signs for, as he'll score 2 against us!!
I would have thought an Oxford or a MK Don's would be looking at this type of opportunity. A fresh start and a bit of coaching in the right system and he could be a decent L1 striker.
He had that chance under Cowley IMO. Once again flattered to deceive. All talk no goals tyre kicker, get rid