TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Ben T
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Almost at the start of a new transfer window, and nobody on this site is speculating about us signing Ben Thompson! What on earth is going on??
Because we don't need him or have room for him! Morrell is just as good if not better, BT was great 3 years ago but who knows now, and we only need one playmaker at a time. He wouldn't come here to play second fiddle to Morrell.
Bring back Matty Taylor and Gary O'Neil
A midfield 3 of Thompson, Thompson, Morrell would boss this league.
Don’t think he’s played all season.
DSMG, my point exactly. 3 years ago we'd have taken him for sure, but he's not played much football since he went back to Millwall. On song, Pedalo is probably right, but again there isn't much point in bossing midfield if we can't score up front. Buying a really decent CF has to be our number one priority for whatever funds we have.
Almost thought Ben Thatcher was coming back to Fratton Park...if he dare.
Ben Thompson played in the league cup against Leicester in September. Subbed after 72 mins, he hasn't even been on the bench since
Id have Thompson alongside Morrell any day. Williams is ok but on his last legs IMO
(30-12-2021, 11:07 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Id have Thompson alongside Morrell any day. Williams is ok but on his last legs IMO

Me too bta.
It takes a man with a rainbow flag in one hand and a mobile phone with the light switched on in the other to pine for ex loan players.

It just ain't Pompey. Man up ffs
(30-12-2021, 08:55 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]It takes a man with a rainbow flag in one hand and a mobile phone with the light switched on in the other to pine for ex loan players.

It just ain't Pompey. Man up ffs

Rainbow me right up then  Smile .
Sign him on a pre contract for next season and give him Marquis's wages  Big Grin
(11-01-2022, 03:35 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Sign him on a pre contract for next season and give him Marquis's wages  Big Grin

Trouble is he is probably on more than double Marquis' wages.  Would he take that much of a cut ?  And would he be the same player we saw 3 years ago whne he had a point to prove?
(11-01-2022, 04:20 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2022, 03:35 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Sign him on a pre contract for next season and give him Marquis's wages  Big Grin

Trouble is he is probably on more than double Marquis' wages.  Would he take that much of a cut ?  And would he be the same player we saw 3 years ago whne he had a point to prove?

Well if he had a point to prove then, he certainly has one now  Smile .
Yes, it would be the longest of shots, but he knows he is wanted here and we are supposed to be trying for promotion. As gaffer says, he has a big point to prove. Rowett hasn't treated him too well.

I appreciate it is clutching at straws but why couldn't you give him Marquis's wages and write a promotion bonus/parish into his contract?

On the other thread you just told me that sitting on the bench is great for player development so he should be 10 times the player that left us.
(11-01-2022, 05:15 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it would be the longest of shots, but he knows he is wanted here and we are supposed to be trying for promotion. As gaffer says, he has a big point to prove. Rowett hasn't treated him too well.

I appreciate it is clutching at straws but why couldn't you give him Marquis's wages and write a promotion bonus/parish into his contract?

On the other thread you just told me that sitting on the bench is great for player development so he should be 10 times the player that left us.

No I didn't. I said that players, especially younger ones, can still develop from being trained properly, and Bass appears to be doing just that.  That doesn't apply to old pros like Ben T, who is out ofthe team because his form was not good enough to get picked.