TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Favourite Christmas movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Trading Places - "that's a noice poice, is that your poice?"

But I haven't seen Bad Santa, which feels like it could be a contender
Die Hard, though not a true Christmas movie
It would appear that the fundamentalist-christian ethic runs deep around here. No 'Happy Holidays', no middle-class mince pies (they must come from the bargain bin of your local Happy Shopper), no films. Confused
(30-12-2021, 07:03 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]It would appear that the fundamentalist-christian ethic runs deep around here. No 'Happy Holidays', no middle-class mince pies (they must come from the bargain bin of your local Happy Shopper), no films. Confused

White Christmas. Great old style musical but decent. A staple for me on Xmas Eve. 
Other than that Bad Santa obviously. Very funny.
Elf
Bad Santa is very good though
Zog....
Die Hard ffs
Scrooge
I know I am a bit late to the party with my choice or I am very early, but my favourite is Die Hard. The director has said it's a Christmas movie. That's good enough for me!
If we're going to suggest Die Hard is a Xmas movie then I'll happily add L.A. Confidential to my list.
Outbreak
Deer hunter
Dinner for one Freddy Frinton classic for some reason shown about 5 times every xmas eve on German TV(in English).
Lethal Weapon, the first one where Mel Gibson goes round Danny Glovers house at the end. It’s got all the Christmas themes: heroin smuggling, helicopters, jumping off buildings, bit of tinsel here and there…
New Year'e Eve, actually - and on virtually every German TV channel.

Most Germans I know can quote you the whole thing line by line:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n7VI0rC8ZA
You may be right, it's 30 odd yers since I lived there, the thing I couldn't get anyone to explain is WHY?
Click & Collect with Steven Merchant and Asim Chaudhry

Cracks me up that film.
(06-01-2022, 04:23 PM)Chris37 Wrote: [ -> ]I know I am a bit late to the party with my choice or I am very early, but my favourite is Die Hard. The director has said it's a Christmas movie. That's good enough for me!

Suggesting Die Hard is a Xmas movie is like suggesting Christmas Trees are green