TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Cambridge v Donny
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Off tonight because of covid in the Cambridge camp. Not looking good for Monday you would think. Will we ever play again?
Can't see us catching up the likes ofSunderlad, Oxford etc; Mackems 3-0 already!
They're a season ahead of us
Its looking like a 3 horse race at the top isn't it. Hopefully we keep improving and are in our stride come the end of the season for a playoff push.
3 (or more) horse races for automatic places work in the favour of those glad to make the play-offs. Becomes a semi final where one (or more) of the clubs doesn't really want to be there!
Can't catch the top three? Last I checked there were 46 games in a season which leaves us with 72 points yet to play for to cover an 11 point gap. On average 86 points are needed for second spot leaving us with 50 needed. Or 74 for the play-offs requiring 38 more points.
 If we hit some form, both are achievable. Just do the math!
With that level of confidence Gerry, you need to get down to the bookies, I think you will get very decent odds on a bet that Pompey make the Autos !

Maybe the precursor to a Prosperous New Year for you.
(31-12-2021, 10:20 AM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]With that level of confidence Gerry, you need to get down to the bookies, I think you will get very decent odds on a bet that Pompey make the Autos !

Maybe the precursor to a Prosperous New Year for you.

Pompey are 20/1 for the autos, and 7/1 for promotion.  Seems about the right odds to me, but good odds if you think we can go on another 10 match run.
Just 14 wins and eight draws will do it.........that's all!
Happy New Beer, everyone....(hick)
I put £10 on at 16-1 for promotion back in the middle of October. I felt then as I feel even more now that we are only a couple of players away from a promotion squad. A good transfer window and I will start counting my winnings
Pedantic twat here, It's just do the maths not the math - that's a feckin yank thing.
(31-12-2021, 01:31 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Pedantic twat here, It's just do the maths not the math - that's a feckin yank thing.

It was supposed to be ironic, BTA. Didn't you see my air quotes?
‘I think you forgot them’