TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Definition of insanity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Signing Downing twice and expecting to get different results.

Cheers Donny  Heart
(30-12-2021, 08:52 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Signing Downing twice and expecting to get different results.

Cheers Donny  Heart

He did well for them when he was there before. 

In fact he has been a decent player everywhere he has been, except here.
he looked a very decent signing (on paper) when we got him.
Maybe one of those who gets a nosebleed south of Watford
Makes you wonder how many scouts actually watched him or actually gave their honest opinion. I find it hard to believe that he just suddenly turned shit when we got him.

He is either used to playing with someone far better than Raggett along side him, plays a different system (clutching at straws with that point) or was shit all along.

Either way, isn't the point of having a recruitment team to avoid signing players who are good on paper but shit in reality. Seems like a lot of corners were cut to end up signing that duffer. And he wasn't the only one!
(31-12-2021, 12:38 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Makes you wonder how many scouts actually watched him or actually gave their honest opinion. I find it hard to believe that he just suddenly turned shit when we got him.

He is either used to playing with someone far better than Raggett along side him, plays a different system (clutching at straws with that point) or was shit all along.

Either way, isn't the point of having a recruitment team to avoid signing players who are good on paper but shit in reality. Seems like a lot of corners were cut to end up signing that duffer. And he wasn't the only one!

But he wasn't just good on paper was he ? He had been good on the pitch.  

Some players just don't settle at a new club and have all sorts of mental and physical problems adjusting to a new environment.  That doesn't make the recruitment team who picked them any less good - it's not like it is something you can predict.   Who knows what was going on in his life that made him a flop, often it is nothing to do with football and more to do with family etc. 

And what sort of corners do you claim were cut to sign him FFS ? Jackett identified him and pursued him over several months before he signed ... how can that be cutting corners ?
Nah ! Not cutting corners, just plain incompetence !

Jackett’s squads were never as good as the promotion squad he inherited…..and neither is Cowley’s either.

We were stuck with Jackett for four seasons and probably Cowley for four as well, still maybe Danny will win the P*ss Pot Trophy and all will be well or, maybe, even end up with the same, much lauded, win average as Kenny Boy.

Clearly, the majority on this Board are enjoying their football again so that’s got to be a feather in Cowley’s cap.

For the minority of us who, perhaps, want and expect something better we must just soldier on hoping that one day we will play in a league where the football is a damn sight better than that of the last four and a half seasons in League 1

I’m well into my eighties, can I live long enough to see such a promised land ? I think a life-support machine might be a wise investment.
(31-12-2021, 03:10 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]I think a life-support machine might be a wise investment.

I'm thinking Cryogenics!
Supporting Stains ! ie definition of insanity.