TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Sam Magri
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see Sam Magri's family have had to start a gofundme fundraising page to pay for the operation he needs after getting injured at Charlton in Havant's cup game there. 

Seems a good cause, and nice to see Jed Wallace has contributed generously to it 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-sam-fund...y8ClEorUt0
It would be credible and sincere if the club/owners made a meaningful contribution to this fund.

In support of a previous , well respected, player.
That’s fair enough but he never actually played a game for us.
(01-01-2022, 03:34 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]That’s fair enough but he never actually played a game for us.

Didn't he play in that Plymouth cup game when all the kids played ? 

Whatever , he was one of our own, a very promising player that came through our youth system but things went wrong for when he mad a bad move to QPR. How different things may have been for him if he had done better in his trial at Liverpool.
He did indeed.

He didn't play a league game for us, QPR or Palace. Found his level in non-league.

I wish him well
Here's our lineup for that infamous match against Plymouth:

Simon Eastwood
Dan Butler
Alex Grant
Sam Magri
Adam Webster
Ashley Westwood
George Colson
Andy Higgins
Jed Wallace
Ashley Harris
Dan Thompson

Subs:
Jack Whatmough
Bradley Tarbuck
Jack Maloney

A surprising (to me, anyway!) number of them have gone on to have decent careers.

Apparently Westwood was a 35 year old coach.

Anyone know what became of the less familiar names?
Great post, forgotten a lot of these names. Dan Thompson went back to non EFL where I think we found him.
(01-01-2022, 11:16 PM)PompeyDB Wrote: [ -> ]Here's our lineup for that infamous match against Plymouth:

Simon Eastwood
Dan Butler
Alex Grant
Sam Magri
Adam Webster
Ashley Westwood
George Colson
Andy Higgins
Jed Wallace
Ashley Harris
Dan Thompson

Subs:
Jack Whatmough
Bradley Tarbuck
Jack Maloney

A surprising (to me, anyway!) number of them have gone on to have decent careers.

Apparently Westwood was a 35 year old coach.

Anyone know what became of the less familiar names?

Alex Grant signed for Stoke, and ended up in Australia ?

George Colson had a decent non-league career ... ended up at Salisbury.

Andy Higgins was Australian and went back there.

Jack Maloney is currently playing for Horndean
I remember Ashley Harris scoring a free kick at the Fratton End in League 1. For a minute he seemed to be the next big thing, but he soon slid into obscurity.
I think Harris began believing too much in the hype and become arrogant.

Isn't he a roofer or scaffolder now?
I was there that night. There was a decent turn out by our fans as you would expect. Ashley Westwood didn't last that long before he limped off, Jack Maloney replaced him, 'Appy had to reshuffle the team. Bradley Tarbuck has been on the Hawks books for quite a while. Ashley Harris did indeed from what I heard get too big for his boots. He also scored in a 4.2 defeat at Carlisle which I saw. I did read that he was making a comeback with Portchester but I don't know how far that went. Jack Whatmough was just shy of his 16th Birthday that evening, he was the unused sub