TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The "next game"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Too tempting to keep glancing at THE TABLE and assessing/fretting where we might/could be after the next run of games - if we get to play them. It seems So important know for Cowley to keep minds and focus only on our next game -- next game .... 
There are a heck of a lot of points to still play for this season, and when it all balances out ( and if our current/ ie most recent 'played' games) form continues, then we must have a very viable chance of a top six finish. 
Keep them focused on the next 96 minutes each game and be positive.
I would guess we will get 4 points from our 2 games in hand. That puts us 3 points off the playoffs with half the season to go. Bang in the mix.
Crikey Pedalo, New Year's optimism?
At least it isn't on New Year's Day. The number of times, over the years, I have seen a totally hungover performance, on this day. I see other teams are recruiting new players, where are Pompey's?
(02-01-2022, 01:55 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
At least it isn't on New Year's Day. The number of times, over the years, I have seen a totally hungover performance, on this day. I see other teams are recruiting new players, where are Pompey's?

Like all transfer windows most of the movement will be in the last couple of days. 

We have to move players out first and that will take time.
The news reporting that no-one is interested in Marquis or Harrison. Not surprising really but let's hope someone is feeling charitable and takes them off our hands.

Optimism sprinkled with bit of scepticism dsmg! Looking like DC is slowly getting his ideas across.
When are we likely to play again? If we don't watchout we'll have so many games to make up.
(02-01-2022, 03:04 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]When are we likely to play again? If we don't watchout we'll have so many games to make up.

tomorrow ?
Let's hope it goes ahead & need 3 points nothing less. Looking at the table we are 2 games behind most teams. Exeter on Friday night in PJ Cup play Academy + Marquis & Harrison to try to shift.
(02-01-2022, 03:44 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Let's hope it goes ahead & need 3 points nothing less. Looking at the table we are 2 games behind most teams. Exeter on Friday night in PJ Cup play Academy + Marquis & Harrison to try to shift.

Harrison is the most likely to find a club (someone like Bristol Rov or Cheltenham) although we'll probably have to pay him off.   Downing ditto for the pay-off bit. 

But I think Marquis will stay still the summer and is always capable of the goal or two if he does.
trouble is we want them off the wage bill but no one is going to take on 100% of their wages. I would be interested to know who negotiated their deals!
The same arrogant thickos who gave whatmough the boot.
(02-01-2022, 05:00 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]The same arrogant thickos who gave whatmough the boot.

He wasn't given "the boot" as he himself explained. Due to his previous injury history we quite rightly  offered him a 12 month contract which automatically triggered another 12 months after he had played a certain number of games. 

Wigan offered him 2 years with no conditions attached on the same money as we offered. 

He decided to take their offer as he has ay oung family to consider and their offer gave him more security.
Don't think I was reading DC's interview wrong he seemed very up-beat about today's game and also appeared very happy about Januaries recruitment.  I'm gonna assume his targets are on course to arrive.

Oh forgot looks like we'll be back to full strength next week. Good news
(02-01-2022, 08:31 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-01-2022, 05:00 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]The same arrogant thickos who gave whatmough the boot.

He wasn't given "the boot" as he himself explained. Due to his previous injury history we quite rightly  offered him a 12 month contract which automatically triggered another 12 months after he had played a certain number of games. 

Wigan offered him 2 years with no conditions attached on the same money as we offered. 

He decided to take their offer as he has ay oung family to consider and their offer gave him more security.

Do we know how many games he would have to have played?
How can anyone possibly know what he was offerred or what he is getting at Wigan. I would be astonished if he hasnt had a big pay rise. Same as Naylor Williams and Close. The one player we had an option on we didnt take it up. The budget obviously wasnt there to keep them.
(03-01-2022, 02:47 PM)Northstandgeorge Wrote: [ -> ]How can anyone possibly know what he was offerred or what he is getting at Wigan. I would be astonished if he hasnt had a big pay rise. Same as Naylor Williams and Close. The one player we had an option on we didnt take it up. The budget obviously wasnt there to keep them.

You obviously missed this nsg :-  https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/jack-w...ge-claims/