TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Harrison scores for Fleetwood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How does this happen?
It's ok,it was probably going to happen,I doubt it'll be a regular thing.
(08-01-2022, 04:15 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]How does this happen?

He scored for us occasionally too.
A 2 yard tap in Sky say. I'll always remember him for the Oxford o.g
The quality of service given to our strikers for most of the games while Harrison was here would mean that any forward would struggle to score a hat full. Not saying that makes Harrison a good player.
He got a lot of stick at Pompey most was undeserved.

He held the ball up well & was good in the air but No service.

He'll never be a prolific scorer but will do a good job given the right support.

Problem was it was either him or Marquis upfront until Hirst turned up.

Anyone know what Fleetwood paid for him assuming there was a fee?

Ahadme going back to Norwich so 2 players out so far.

Marquis will be really difficult to shift though due to lack of form & wages.

Maybe some crazy team in Greece or Turkey may be tempted by a promotional video from a few seasons ago!
(08-01-2022, 05:06 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]He got a lot of stick at Pompey most was undeserved.

He held the ball up well & was good in the air but No service.

He'll never be a prolific scorer but will do a good job given the right support.

Problem was it was either him or Marquis upfront until Hirst turned up.

Anyone know what Fleetwood paid for him assuming there was a fee?

Ahadme going back to Norwich so 2 players out so far.

Marquis will be really difficult to shift though due to lack of form & wages.

Maybe some crazy team in Greece or Turkey may be tempted by a promotional video from a few seasons ago!

Harrison was meant to be our striker to build a team around, a upgraded speedier version of Hawkins. But Marquis was offered to us & from that moment the team plan went to rat shit. Harrison found himself bit part so no surprise to me he looked rusty a lot of the time. I'll remember his 2nd half performance against Sunderland down here when he basically bullied the hell out of them. They collectively shit themselves everytime he had the ball. Good luck to him.
(08-01-2022, 05:06 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know what Fleetwood paid for him assuming there was a fee?

Their report says signed for an undisclosed fee Mikey......
Sounds like Marquis doesn't want to go, so can't see him leaving. 

But if we replace Harrison & Ahadme with a new striker and a new loan striker (Wootton & Cullen?) then it will have been an OK window, nothing else was a priority IMO. History generally says the fewer January signings made the better.
I am sure you are right, I can't see Marquis leaving either
(08-01-2022, 05:29 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-01-2022, 05:06 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know what Fleetwood paid for him assuming there was a fee?

Their report says signed for an undisclosed fee Mikey......

Thanks probably peanuts then!
Last season we scored more points when he played? I seem to recall some stats on here?
(08-01-2022, 04:18 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]It's ok,it was probably going to happen,I doubt it'll be a regular thing.

We don’t have a great record of judging forwards. Anyone remember the abuse Michael Smith got here?
(08-01-2022, 09:50 PM)Maddog56 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-01-2022, 04:18 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]It's ok,it was probably going to happen,I doubt it'll be a regular thing.

We don’t have a great record of judging forwards. Anyone remember the abuse Michael Smith got here?

Not from everybody  Smile .

Some on here judge a player solely on his ability to run around a lot.
And again tonight! Seems to be getting the service away from FP.
(09-01-2022, 07:25 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-01-2022, 09:50 PM)Maddog56 Wrote: [ -> ]

Not from everybody  Smile .

Some on here judge a player solely on his ability to run around a lot.

the regular away fans in particular seemed to rate Smith highly
Smith nowadays is a man. Smith with us was a boy who turned his back to the ball.

He has done well but no mistake, he was toss when he was with us. That was then and this is now
I wouldn’t get too worked up about it lads, Harrison was largely ineffective last night.

I went to the match and you could tell that the Fleetwood fans are not very impressed by him, I was sat in amongst them for the whole match.

Quite an enjoyable night actually, tidy little ground, friendly locals (well it did kick off a bit near the tram stop it’s true) and e match with a sting in the tail for Plymouth.

Fear not, Harrison has not magically transformed into a good centre forward.

I’d have Michael Smith back tomorrow but Fleetwood can keep Harrison.
(26-01-2022, 01:22 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Smith nowadays is a man. Smith with us was a boy who turned his back to the ball.

He has done well but no mistake, he was toss when he was with us. That was then and this is now

He was 25 when he was with us ?
I'm sure that's the case but look at photos of him then and photos of him now
This thread has got me thinking. Has there been any strikers over the years who were really good at pompey, left pompey and ended up rubbish. We seem to be able to find players who are the opposite but has it ever worked the other way?
One that springs to mind is Jamie O'hara
(26-01-2022, 05:25 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]One that springs to mind is Jamie O'hara

O'Hara wasn't a striker. 

Bradbury springs to mind, he never did much at City, and neither did Benjani really. 

And Whittingham had a decent career but never scored more than 10 in a season after leaving us, albeit at a hgher level.
Add Futacs to that list. Looked prodigal when he came through then zilch when he left
Luke Nightingale too
Pages: 1 2