TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Eddie Howe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not particularly a Pompey thread though he has been thought of as a potential manager at FP.
Reckon he'll not be at Newcastle come the summer.
He's certainly a decent enough manager, but clearly there are some serious pressures in his new role.
All that money to spend and Cambridge do them at home. God I love football.
Newcastle very fragile at home against lower league teams - history
Shows you that there's no magic wand, no matter how good a manager is. I think its fair to say that Howe is an incredibly good manager. His CV speaks for itself.

He will need time to get his ideas accross and his own players in.

Still hate Newcastle though. Lovely to see them get beat.
(08-01-2022, 05:38 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Not particularly a Pompey thread though he has been thought of as a potential manager at FP.
Reckon he'll not be at Newcastle come the summer.

All Newcastle are trying to do is to avoid getting relegated this season, which they should just about do with the mercenaries they'll get in January. Then they'll sack the manager and get a foreign one and then try to outbid Man City for any decent player mentioned in Shoot magazine.

It's been thrown up as a defence from Geordies - would you still support Pompey if Saudi Arabia had chosen us for its bout of sports washing? Personally, I'd put everything I have Pompey in the loft and choose a non-league club that doesn't play on 4G.

That's how you turn it into a Pompey thread!
Don't know what it is about Eddie Howe, did exceptionally well with Bournemouth, comes across intelligent, knowledgeable, hard working and a decent chap. But I just wouldn't want him as manager
There was a time when Pompey looked like being Arab owned and I don’t remember too many people moaning. Pompey being Pompey of course, we found the only two skint Arabs on the planet. Big Grin
It's just a shame we had to make do with an Israeli arms dealer