TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Ladapo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Handed in a transfer request at Rotherham. Would like to have him here if possible.
Surely he's looking for a Championship club to pick him up - played a lot of matches at Rotherham, may think he's played a big part in where they are right now - and he's 28. He must be looking for a decent champ wage and a three maybe four-year contract.
(09-01-2022, 05:47 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]Surely he's looking for a Championship club to pick him up - played a lot of matches at Rotherham, may think he's played a big part in where they are right now - and he's 28. He must be looking for a decent champ wage and a three maybe four-year contract.

Agreed. No way could we afford him
Depends how much we were paying Harrison (and Marquis) really. Harrison was signed from the Championship so we must have paid a big wack on his wages.
According to 888 Sport, Championship players Average £35,000 a week with League 1 players Averaging £ 5,000 a week….and Pompey certainly won’t be busting the average.

Given that Lapado wants away,  he will do much better in just about any Championship team than Pompey (and likely at the more ambitious, upwardly mobile League 1 sides as well).

Whilst it would be nice to see Lapado rock up at Fratton Park, he strikes me as being well beyond our Poundland budget.
(09-01-2022, 07:18 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]According to 888 Sport, Championship players Average £35,000 a week with League 1 players Averaging £ 5,000 a week….and Pompey certainly won’t be busting the average.

Given that Lapado wants away,  he will do much better in just about any Championship team than Pompey (and likely at the more ambitious, upwardly mobile League 1 sides as well).

Whilst it would be nice to see Lapado rock up at Fratton Park, he strikes me as being well beyond our Poundland budget.

So what are you suggesting, that we start offering 35 grand a week?

I agree that he is beyond our current means but would dispute that we have a ‘Poundland’ budget in the context of the league we are currently playing in.
and he is based very much up north, As Cook noted it is tough to get lower league players to move South.
According to 888 Sport, Championship players Average £35,000 a week

Jeez no wonder the owners don`t seem bothered about promotion, where would that 7 fold increase in outgoings come from ?
(09-01-2022, 09:07 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]and he is based very much up north, As Cook noted it is tough to get lower league players to move South.

He joined them from Plymouth and comes from London, so that should not be a factor. 

The fact he wants to leave to play at a higher level is more of a factor, and bear in mind he is already playing for a team that looks like going up.  IMO we have absolutely zero chance of getting him.
We’ve as much chance of signing him as I have of becoming the first Protestant pope
We won’t be in the Championship until the Eisners finish tarting up the ground and sell.