TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Arsenal's kit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How ridiculous is Arsenal's kit tonight. Sympathise with the sentiment regarding knife crime but not even being able to see the numbers is a joke.
I missed the start so didn't know why it looked blank, googled it, and first result was some great reporting from the Mirror:

'It will make for quite the sight considering Arsenal have worn some form of red as their home strip for the entirety of the 136-year history, though Sunday's game will see them proudly wear the white 'home' shirt for the first and only time.'

Yh, quite the sight if they weren't away.
(09-01-2022, 06:21 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]I missed the start so didn't know why it looked blank, googled it, and first result was some great reporting from the Mirror:

'It will make for quite the sight considering Arsenal have worn some form of red as their home strip for the entirety of the 136-year history, though Sunday's game will see them proudly wear the white 'home' shirt for the first and only time.'

Yh, quite the sight if they weren't away.

What would be wrong with having the numbers solid black? Strikes me as more Premiership arrogance.
A white shirt with a black knife and red blood would have been very impactful.
I liked Roy Keane's quote " they look like real madrid but they're playing like a pub team"
I thought it was a shame they had to stick a red FA Cup badge on the sleeve of the 'no red' shirt. 

Thought maybe it only came in red, but then saw that the badges on Forest's shirts were white.

As a one-off I thought it was a powerful statement and don't see why the numbers was an issue, they were visible in close-up.
Numbers actually mean feck all now days . Other a keeper being issued number 1 who really cares.
There's too much of this sort of stuff being lumped on sport and specifically football these days, too many causes and minute's applause for whatever. Acknowledging old players who've died is enough, you can't acknowledge everyone and everything however well meaning it may be. Knife crime is obviously an important issue to tackle and needs to be tackled, if they prove that this Arsenal white kit thing has had an actual positive real world impact then I'll stand corrected but my guessing is the impact will be pretty much zero.
(10-01-2022, 01:50 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]There's too much of this sort of stuff being lumped on sport and specifically football these days, too many causes and minute's applause for whatever. Acknowledging old players who've died is enough, you can't acknowledge everyone and everything however well meaning it may be. Knife crime is obviously an important issue to tackle and needs to be tackled, if they prove that this Arsenal white kit thing has had an actual positive real world  impact then I'll stand corrected but my guessing is the impact will be pretty much zero.
The impact is that is has raised awareness, as evidenced by us talking about it on a football message board

And that surely was the only objective.
I'm aware there is knife crime in London and it specifically affects black youth more than any other part of society. Perhaps some people are not.

Will raising awareness of the issue by wearing a white football strip actually stop these young black lads getting stabbed - I seriously doubt that. Increased spending on social care and repairing the damage done by absent fathers would do more.
Spot on with that last bit.
(10-01-2022, 11:02 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]A white shirt with a black knife and red blood would have been very impactful.

(10-01-2022, 11:23 AM)Roybatty Wrote: [ -> ]I liked Roy Keane's quote " they look like real madrid but they're playing like a pub team"

Real ale Madrid.
(10-01-2022, 05:56 PM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm aware there is knife crime in London and it specifically affects black youth more than any other part of society. Perhaps some people are not.

Will raising awareness of the issue by wearing a white football strip actually stop these young black lads getting stabbed - I seriously doubt that. Increased spending on social care and repairing the damage done by absent fathers would do more.

Good post. I'll go even further by pointing out the non-pc fact that most knife crime is black-on-black, so I doubt that a majority of whites wearing a white shirt is going to make any difference. However, there is a lot that can and should be done because it's a tragedy for the families involved. Far better I would have thought for the likes of Ian Wright (who I think is a fantastic role model as well as being a 100% top man and supporter on England football) and Marcus Rashford to go out in the community if/when they can, with other footballers, and help with the social education.
It's a societal problem rather than a black problem. To say don't put it in football because it is a black problem implies football is a white person's game and that's why we ended up with the daft knee taking being introduced into football in the first place