TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: concentrate on the league now lol
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if I'm entirely pleased that we are out of this competition.
We can at least concentrate on the league now, but a decent cup run might've pleased the yanks. Rolleyes
An awful cliche, isn't it. As if the team and management were not concentrating almost entirely on the league regardless.

What does it even mean to 'concentrate' on a particular competition? It's exactly the same sport against the same teams.
Yes its what you say when you have had a shit cup result lol

So much to work on to improve the team.
shame in a way as they had just nearly got to the stage where the prize money and gate money can make a big difference if spent wisely (which it was not previously)
For 20 mins or so we seemed to be bossing midfield with Thompson, Morrell and Jacobs linking well which could bode well for the second half of the season. Problem is we hardly ever found a telling pass and when we did Hirst or Marquis wasted it.
To me, it isn’t so much that we are out of the competition as the manner of our departure.

Having got very lucky and undeservedly beaten Exeter, I thought we would have learned our lesson and be much more positive against Cambridge. Most certainly the team, on paper, was more than strong enough to achieve but on the pitch lamentable.

The Cambridge-Exeter-Cambridge matches has me wondering just what Cowley expects to achieve with his ponderously slow build up through the back line and midfield and his one, or at best two, attackers in the oppositions box.

The polar opposite of Rotherham who flooded the Pompey box in their demolition of us and even Cambridge on Tuesday when they got players forward so very quickly.

Of course the Pompey players were poor on the night but Cowley’s methods have been significant contributors to our lacklustre performances - what happened to the fast, attacking football we were promised (and Cowley knew the squad and the financial situation when he made that promise) ?
Thought it was pretty evident that it was to open up the opposition and hit them on the counter but maybe not to everyone.

I'm sure the fast attacking football will come when we have fast attacking players.

Can't fault the departures so far. We can't kick on til the high earning dead wood is gone
(13-01-2022, 03:50 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]To me, it isn’t so much that we are out of the competition as the manner of our departure.

Having got very lucky and undeservedly beaten Exeter, I thought we would have learned our lesson and be much more positive against Cambridge. Most certainly the team, on paper, was more than strong enough to achieve but on the pitch lamentable.

The Cambridge-Exeter-Cambridge matches has me wondering just what Cowley expects to achieve with his ponderously slow build up through the back line and midfield and his one, or at best two, attackers in the oppositions box.

The polar opposite of Rotherham who flooded the Pompey box in their demolition of us and even Cambridge on Tuesday when they got players forward so very quickly.

Of course the Pompey players were poor on the night but Cowley’s methods have been significant contributors to our lacklustre performances - what happened to the fast, attacking football we were promised (and Cowley knew the squad and the financial situation when he made that promise) ?

Fast attacking football my arse,with Big John waiting in the box 2 yards off the line ready to punt it over the bar and into the crowd!
.....still it`s not too late for Pep to make a decent offer and fill that hole left behind by Aguero.
Mickey still hunting for his cheque book....another wasted season?