TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: January sales and loans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We know what we need. Another CB right sided apparently and definitely someone who can score goals!
 Good luck with that Danny. I've got more wiggle room on getting a bottle of Fallen Angel rum than either of those being satisfactory outcomes!
How bad is it getting really?
Oh well. It's the hope that gets you lol
Carter from Blackburn, might be good, who knows.
but their manager wants him to get 20 games.
Can we offer that?
(13-01-2022, 09:20 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Carter from Blackburn, might be good, who knows.
Can we offer that?

No
(13-01-2022, 09:20 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Carter from Blackburn, might be good, who knows.
Can we offer that?

If he's better than what we have-yes he'll become a fixture.
A loan to tide us over til the summer perhaps? I remember the chap from Cheltenham is free then and we've been heavily linked with him.
(13-01-2022, 09:49 PM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]
Can we offer that?

If he's better than what we have-yes he'll become a fixture.

we have certainly had some very good young defenders down the year. Awfs and Kit for instance. And more recently Raggie and Matt Clarke (not to forget Jack)

Its hard for the best young players now though as they are bought up in tippy tappy friendly leagues. That must be even harder for defenders to adapt to the men's game, as compared to say a winger.
Joel Ward and Adam Webster also
The names of the players linked with us so far, aren't the ones that are going to get us out of this league
And Noel Blake and Steve Foster !
Different for Blake back then. Just as well we bought him not on loan or he would have stayed there when he went back home after a dodgy start! Just as well we didn't have online hate squads for any player who makes a mistake too!
With Azeez going back to Arsenal (Hampshire Live) another loan opportunity opens up.

Although McSheffery (Donny manager) seems keen on Jacobs and has spoken to him twice, it doesn’t seem that Jacobs is overly keen on the move and is likely to see things out until the summer and leave on a free, McSheffery has already stated that he may have to move to other targets unless Jacobs shows real interest.

So it’s four out but nobody in thus far and about halfway through the window, plenty of time to make the necessary improvements to the squad but time will start to run out soon.
(13-01-2022, 08:34 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]We know what we need. Another CB right sided apparently and definitely someone who can score goals!
 Good luck with that Danny. I've got more wiggle room on getting a bottle of Fallen Angel rum than either of those being satisfactory outcomes!
How bad is it getting really?
Oh well. It's the hope that gets you lol

OK let's say we need a right side defender to play in a back three.
My view is that we have a good candidate that fits the bill and he's presently playing for Accrington (although he may be injured at the moment) and that's Calum Johnson. I know we had a poor season last year but personally  he was my PotY.
My view is that all our available resources, however limited, should be invested in a couple of strikers
Johnson wasn’t/ isn’t a right sided CB though which is what’s needed along with a goal scorer and a proper left wing back
I will always remember Noel Blake for away days at Barnsley - and usually scoring the only goal of the game.
Meeting Roy Mason MP in the hotel/pub in the main square at lunchtime, and the "rural" gents toilet facilities ie choose your brick to aim at along the length of the wall behind the away end!
Noel Blake. The black and white picture of him scoring the header against Spurs in the League Cup (when everyone took it seriously) 28,000 or so mostly going barmy. That was a great, tense series of games and the first time I saw Pompey actually finish off one of the big boys.
Freeman is a liability, Johnson was better IMO
(14-01-2022, 06:12 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Freeman is a liability, Johnson was better IMO

Would agree there is not much beteween them, and I liked Johnson. 

But the difference between them is that Johnson did not want to be here. He asked to go back up north for family reasons, and I can't see him returning.
We're being linked with any player that may move. Most speculation fromthe Press & Agents though. Carter from Blackburn looks really good, 22 with 10 Championship appearances 6'2" CB if Mowbray will let him go out on loan. Azeez has been recalled early by Arteta & expect to see him on the 1st team bench as they short of midfielders at present.Expect him to get on the pitch & make us all look like mugs! https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football...d=msedgntp