TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Last days of johnson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
When brexity numbnuts like Andrew Bridgen are openly urging you to “leave politics”, it’s over. Meanwhile johnson’s found a more comfortable fridge to hide in. There has to be a fantastic Downfall skit of this somewhere.
Who will replace him?

Better the devil you know...
(14-01-2022, 08:24 AM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]When brexity numbnuts like Andrew Bridgen are openly urging you to “leave politics”, it’s over. Meanwhile johnson’s found a more comfortable fridge to hide in. There has to be a fantastic Downfall skit of this somewhere.

You really need to do something about that obsession Tufnell, it’s eating you up.

Andrew Bridgen would make a great PM, the meltdowns among your shower would be a joy to behold ffs.
Hey Guff we agree on something! Bridgen for PM!
We’re already totalled fooked so bring it on, at least it will give us a good laugh whilst the economy burns - and provide a cautionary tale for future generations.

What would Bridgen’s cabinet look like? Rees-Mogg as Chancellor seems nailed on, Mark Francois as Defence Sec, Gavin Williamson as Home Sec., Steve Baker as Foreign Sec.
Boris is , was and always will be , a self serving lying coont. A disgrace of a man and a PM.
not too sure about bridgen, he has served no confidence letters on 3 previous PMs, false claims of sexual misconduct on an MP and seems to appear to be ambitious to the point of reckless. On the plus side he is a genuine brexiteer so would represent the majority of the voting electorate.

I would like to hear what his policies would be should the oportunity materialise.
p,s, Interesting news from the ONS re the economy today...
(14-01-2022, 09:06 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Boris is , was and always will be , a self serving lying coont. A disgrace of a man and a PM.

I don’t think anyone is arguing against that view bta  Smile .
...didn't stop you voting for him though, did it.
(14-01-2022, 10:01 AM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]...didn't stop you voting for him though, did it.

If I recall, people vote for their MP in line with their party allegiance and the manifesto they prefer. The leadership is chosen by the party and can change during the course of the government. He's not a president.

Your point is cheap and inaccurate and does nothing to further your case.
Teeftwo makes a good point of course but that did not apply to me.

I voted for the Tories as they were the only major party promising to honour the results of a democratic vote, that fact alone is a sad indictment of the parties on offer.

As Tt says, Boris is not a president so I didn’t vote for him personally, and he wasn’t standing in my constituency. 

Tufnell is reduced to petulant sniping now, since his arguments are based on psychosis and dogma rather than logic.

Very sad  Smile .
Well, Teeftwo, that may have a been a valid point (though its not inaccurate) if it wasn't for the character assassination of Corbyn at the last election. You'll remember that party manifestos pretty much took a back seat to the manufactured bogeman representation of what Corbyn might do. Besides, I don't believe most people do vote along party lines, both Labour and the Tories (and LibDems) have pretty large caucus of support that wouldn't go anywhere else but there's a rump of floating voters in the middle that do tick the box against the personality and not the party. A lot of whom who had bought into the johnson affable rogue/clown act.

And Guff, sorry but the dogma is all yours. You've spent six years defending a position without once stating a single benefit that its brought - what is that if not dogmatic. So maybe for once, you will stick around today and list all these great benefits and freedoms we now enjoy now we're no longer under the yoke of a european superstate - or you could do your usual and run away for the day.
BBC report to get Duffers and the Rem***ers weeping !!!

"The UK economy surpassed pre-Covid levels for the first time in November after recording stronger-than-expected growth.

The Office for National Statistics said gross domestic product (GDP) expanded by 0.9% between October and November.

That was higher than economists' expectations and meant the economy was 0.7% larger than in February 2020"

In other words the Economy is on a CHARGEEEEEEEEEE !!!!
0.7% - hardly chargeeee. We've had a whole year of business holding back on spending money, so that stockpiled cash that is now being released should really add up to a much bigger figure than a paltry 0.7. And before you start popping the Babycham, remember we're losing £12bn every month in lost trade with the EU. Little wins offset by mahooosive losses.
Well it looks like Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson is going to be out on his ear before too long, thankfully. This is a man that said "Portsmouth is a city full of drugs and obesity". He obviously has not been to Glasgow then?
Who will take over? Will the Tory voting supporters of Pompey vote for one of the bookies favourites Rishi Sunak who is an out and proud supporter of the Scummers? Discuss.
(14-01-2022, 02:45 PM)Chris37 Wrote: [ -> ]Well it looks like Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson is going to be out on his ear before too long, thankfully. This is a man that said "Portsmouth is a city full of drugs and obesity". He obviously has not been to Glasgow then?
Who will take over? Will the Tory voting supporters of Pompey vote for one of the bookies favourites Rishi Sunak who is an out and proud supporter of the Scummers? Discuss.

Actually that was one thing he WAS right about Chris, have you been to Pompey lately?  Smile

The decision on who replaces Johnson is for the Tory party to decide, the voters don’t get a say in it do they?
BoJo is a zombie PM but they'll keep him shuffling along moaning for a while yet because no one else in the cabinet wants to smeared with the shitty mess they're all collectively responsible for. Come the moment when they think they'll be able to pin it all on him, throw him out, and successfully make a clean break for the polls - and remember Kier Starmer lost Labour the last election - the Tories will bin Johnson like a used mask.
(14-01-2022, 04:22 PM)Cressers Wrote: [ -> ]BoJo is a zombie PM but they'll keep him shuffling along moaning for a while yet because no one else in the cabinet wants to smeared with the shitty mess they're all collectively responsible for. Come the moment when they think they'll be able to pin it all on him, throw him out, and successfully make a clean break for the polls - and remember Kier Starmer lost Labour the last election -  the Tories will bin Johnson like a used mask.

Cressage - Corbyn was the leader of Labour at the last election - he lost it because the general public didn't want a shuffling  Michael Foot throwback along with his sidekicks Diane "Frankie" Abbott & John "Ronald" McDonell.

p.s. I didn't vote in the last General Election & have only voted about 10 times in my getting towards 50 years of being eligible to vote & which includes local elections when voting for family acquaintances a few times.
My dad stood for re-elections at local elections for about thirty years - never voted for him once. Smile
My vote didn't make much difference though. Rosette on a donkey territory.
I know Corbyn led Labour into the last election, but it was Starmer who was behind their disastrous Brexit policy. At lot of the former Red Wall voter vitriol was rightly directed against him, and has stuck since. It'll be nearly impossible for Labour to win while he is their leader.
Thank goodness I moved to Cornwall some years ago. Although Westminster parties govern us, as well as at county level, Cornwall offers me an alternative political party, Mebyon Kernow. They will always get my vote. All Westminster and other national fringe parties ignore the county. Brexit ripped huge holes in our fishing and farming commuties, that is a fact. Argue you the toss with Newlyn trawler fishermen, Oyster fishermen from Falmouth or arable farmers. No 'levelling-up' for one of the poorest regions in Europe! So, fook Brexit, Bojo, Starmer, Farage, Westminster et al..... Fook them all!

ONEN HAG OLL.

Although I have Cornish blood, which is diluted, I will never be a 'local'. I am, and always will be, an Emmet, Incomer or Outsider. But it's better than living in 'Elsewhere'.
(14-01-2022, 08:26 PM)Oct_63 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank goodness I moved to Cornwall some years ago. Although Westminster parties govern us, as well as at county level, Cornwall offers me an alternative political party, Mebyon Kernow. They will always get my vote. All Westminster and other national fringe parties ignore the county. Brexit ripped huge holes in our fishing and farming commuties, that is a fact. Argue you the toss with Newlyn trawler fishermen, Oyster fishermen from Falmouth or arable farmers. No 'levelling-up' for one of the poorest regions in Europe! So, fook Brexit, Bojo, Starmer, Farage, Westminster et al..... Fook them all!

ONEN HAG OLL.

Although I have Cornish blood, which is diluted, I will never be a 'local'. I am, and always will be, an Emmet, Incomer or Outsider. But it's better than living in 'Elsewhere'.

Feck me Oct, I was in your army  Smile .

When I was at Plymouth Poly back in the ‘70’s we had a rag week stunt where we dressed up as paramilitaries and declared independence for Cornwall. We sent photos of the ‘Free Cornish Army’ training on the moors to the national press. We sent a truck to Truro to announce independence and set up passport checkpoints on the Tamar Bridge.

It didn’t go down too well with the authorities but the locals found it amusing I think.

Just shows how times have changed, these days we’d be arrested on terrorism charges or worse.

‘Rydhses’ I say  Smile .
As long as you don't wear St Piran tartan you'll get away with it. Caught wearing it by a Cornishman then it will be the gallows in Redruth, with a notice saying 'emmet', for all to see!

Rydses indeed....
(14-01-2022, 07:05 PM)Cressers Wrote: [ -> ]I know Corbyn led Labour into the last election, but it was Starmer who was behind their disastrous Brexit policy. At lot of the former Red Wall voter vitriol was rightly directed against him, and has stuck since. It'll be nearly impossible for Labour to win while he is their leader.

Corbyn was  Brexiteer but after the close referendum decided to fence sit. It wasn't in his makeup to show decisive leadership one way or the other. 

He therefore left it to Starmer who was originally a Remainer  but had been  appointed Shadow Brexit Minister.

Starmer  wanted a second referendum based on the Brexit Terms  that were to be negotiated  (was this in order to get the Stay or Go result changed?).

Corbyn and his sidekicks " Frankie" and "Ronald" were the face of Labour in 2019 - not Starmer ! They were 100% the reason Labour were trounced !!
Remember when Diane Abbott was torn to shreds for drinking a mojito on the tube...
Pages: 1 2 3 4