TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Eight days a Week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
.......brilliant song. 

Moving on, the next eight days will tell us IF we have a chance of scraping into a Play Off spot. 
There is only one way that will happen, the PLAYERS have to show THEY WANT IT ( refer Cambridge United) and show burning DESIRE to achieve.

If they don't give a fig ( eg Mr Brown jogging back - see previous post) then it will not happen and others will. 
The supporters will be with you guys - but it is, and only ever will be, primarily up to you. PUP
if we do bring in a left wing back, the writing could be on wall for Brown, especially if we bring in a centre back and free up ogilvie
Looking in The News today we are linked with Hayden Carter.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayden_Carter

What is concerning isthat his stats are almost identical to Downings, when we signed him. Right down to having Blackburn as the parent club.

I'll confess ive never seen him play. Lightning can't strike twice, can it? Let's hope the recruitment team know what they're doing.
I've criticised Brown for that before. It really annoys me. He can be good going forward but is a pretty useless tackler and back-tracker.
(14-01-2022, 09:47 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ].......brilliant song. 

Moving on, the next eight days will tell us IF we have a chance of scraping into a Play Off spot. 
There is only one way that will happen, the PLAYERS have to show THEY WANT IT ( refer Cambridge United) and show burning DESIRE to achieve.

If they don't give a fig ( eg Mr Brown jogging back - see previous post) then it will not happen and others will. 
The supporters will be with you guys - but it is, and only ever will be, primarily up to you. PUP

And now we know they're not interested.
If we had taken our chances the game would have been ours - to think of the Strikers who have passed through the Fratton gates - oh for a David Kemp, a Mariner, a Hateley, a Defoe, etc if only,,,,,,
(16-01-2022, 10:32 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]If we had taken our chances the game would have been ours - to think of the Strikers who hpassed through the Fratton gates - oh for a David Kemp, a Mariner, a Hateley, a Defoe, etc if only,,,,,,

I had to go into the Victory Lounge after the match to meet up with some mates I hadn’t seen for a while.

Leaving aside for one moment how crap the lounge is, crap beer offering, slow service, lack of tables etc., they do have a wall with pictures of great past players.

Saunders, Kemp, Hateley, Biley, Quinn, to name a few. 

Makes you realise how crap we are offensively these days, even if we had a striker worthy of the name the crossing is Sunday League at best. Wtf do they do in training?

The fact that our first signing in the window is a defender says it all.
We all know out 'strike force' is toothless but I agree the crossing from so many players is just tat.
What summed it up for me yesterday was Harness - an attractive purposeful looking run from about half way into the MK box..... and then......and then.... ....we waited .....he waited .......
Then a meaningless tame short pass, and we all thought, "what the Flip !" - or words to that effect !
not much point hankering after any of those strikers.
They all played and scored as part of a front two.
We are unlikely to see that again anytime soon.
what we are going to see is lots and lots of passing
a continued string of strikers left to ply their trade alone while we berate them for failing to score one in three