TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Harness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Couple of little bits from him today that made me think he is starting to find Championship level. This window might be too soon for him but next summer certainly, surely he will be leaving this club
Yes he played well
(15-01-2022, 06:11 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Couple of little bits from him today that made me think he is starting to find Championship level. This window might be too soon for him but next summer certainly, surely he will be leaving this club

You are having a laugh surely! The guy shets himself everytime he gets near the goal. He cannot cross the ball at all and one hard tackle is enough for him to disappear from the game (eg Harrogate). That's if he can put in a full 90 mins. Sorry, but I'm amazed he's actually scored the goals he has - most of which happens when he hasn't had time to think about it 

So if he is 'championship' level I suggest he fecks off coz there's no way he's going to do so at Pompey.
My mate does Jujitsu with him in havant,he said he is here another year,club will activate clause in his contract for another season,just means we get a fee if we sell
Harness is head and shoulders above the rest. Maybe a lower champ player but certainly keeping our season afloat on his own. He’s been excellent this season .
If he could play for the remaining 87 minutes like he does for his outstanding 3 minutes per match he'd be a superstar.

But he doesn't, which is why he plays for Portsmouth and not Arsenal.
(15-01-2022, 11:38 PM)PompeyDB Wrote: [ -> ]If he could play for the remaining 87 minutes like he does for his outstanding 3 minutes per match he'd be a superstar.

But he doesn't, which is why he plays for Portsmouth and not Arsenal.

But then we aren’t playing against Arsenal.

Azeez plays for Arsenal. I think I prefer Harness, at this point.
Harness seems to be one of only a couple that actually look interested at the moment .
(16-01-2022, 06:52 AM)Bedhamptonblue69 Wrote: [ -> ]Harness seems to be one of only a couple that actually look interested at the moment .

I would never accuse harness of not trying. He's just not that good when it comes down to it.
Given his position running into the second ball central to the goal Lawrence, do you suggest he crosses the ball to himself?
The problem isn't with creativity. With a half decent, (quarter decent even!) striker, we would be scoring every game. Not sure how you can lay the blame with harness.

Its the wastefulness of Curtis, Hirst, Marquis et al that should take the brunt of the criticism.
(16-01-2022, 01:56 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Given his position running into the second ball central to the goal Lawrence, do you suggest he crosses the ball to himself?

No in that scenario he would probably spend so much time thinking of what to do next that he's either lost the ball to the opposition, over ran it or balls it up entirely. Based on your observations, I'm assuming the harness is in the wrong place when I see him delivering another final piff poor cross?

Anyway, I'm not actually anti harness. He tries hard but my point was he isn't championship quality. Maybe if he had better players around him he would flourish. I don't know. Judging on the scraps that we are signing we're unlikely to find out anytime soon anyway.

Apart from Jacobs and, until recently, Curtis, nobody can deliver crosses so harness isn't alone on that front.

I'm negative because I've had enough(ish). Battling into the park to watch a sack of average shet has taken it's toll. Been going since 79 and I really am hanging on.
I'm with you Lawrence. Its a real slog at the moment!
My first game 79 was a 6-0 win against Scunthorpe.
Hooked ever since