TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Discussion time....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Things I'd like to change:

1. Pick your best players. Jacobs isnt god but he's better than most of the dozy feckers we have.
2. Curtis is not a strikernand recognise that marquis is now just cashing his weekly cheque.
3. Spend every training session teaching our players the advantages of crossing the ball. It might help.
4. Stop playing catch-up in the transfer market by getting rid of players without having replacements signings ready. Instead, we're resorting to punts in the dark.
5. For the owners, show ambition. Not by Disneyland-style Milton end plans but investing realistic sums in a playing squad. If you can't afford it, don't buy the club!
6. Stop going on about fecking budgets. It's patronising and embarrassing. We don't want to bankrupt the club, we get it.
7. Somehow make it that our best players are actually our players and not somebody else's. Would be Eva nice change.
8. Build a credible yoof squad. Buying one kid seemingly destined to get permanently injured is not good enough. We have absolutely nobody coming through and little sign of it changing.

Feel free to add/delete. Gates down to 14,000 now and we go ticking on. The rot has begun to set in. I maintain that all they want is to own a club that wins more than it loses, not about progression or promotion.
(15-01-2022, 07:11 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]Things I'd like to change:

1. Pick your best players. Jacobs isnt god but he's better than most of the dozy feckers we have.
2. Curtis is not a strikernand recognise that marquis is now just cashing his weekly cheque.
3. Spend every training session teaching our players the advantages of crossing the ball. It might help.
4. Stop playing catch-up in the transfer market by getting rid of players without having replacements signings ready. Instead, we're resorting to punts in the dark.
5. For the owners, show ambition. Not by Disneyland-style Milton end plans but investing realistic sums in a playing squad. If you can't afford it, don't buy the club!
6. Stop going on about fecking budgets. It's patronising and embarrassing. We don't want to bankrupt the club, we get it.
7. Somehow make it that our best players are actually our players and not somebody else's. Would be Eva nice change.
8. Build a credible yoof squad. Buying one kid seemingly destined to get permanently injured is not good enough. We have absolutely nobody coming through and little sign of it changing.

Feel free to add/delete. Gates down to 14,000 now and we go ticking on. The rot has begun to set in. I maintain that all they want is to own a club that wins more than it loses, not about progression or promotion.

Point 3 would be my priority, the crossing is abysmal.

I was with a few people leaving the Victory Lounge and we met Danny Cowley as he left the park.

Nice bloke, appreciates the fans and all that.

One thing he said resonated:  ‘we are a number 9 light’.

We certainly are, not to mention somebody to supply the No 9 should we get one.
I’d try and get someone just to have a pop at goal. MK Dons take 2 or 3 passes and score, we feck about trying to play like Barcelona and tap it in after at least a dozen passes . We also need a left back or wing back , Recco is definitely not the guy for that position( or indeed most of the positions available).
I could have had apoplexy at all the opportunities to shoot they turned down. No one can cross a ball. Cowley is picking up good money for talking bs.
(15-01-2022, 08:53 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I’d try and get someone just to have a pop at goal. MK Dons take 2 or 3 passes and score, we feck about trying to play like Barcelona and tap it in after at least a dozen passes . We also need a left back or wing back , Recco is definitely not the guy for that position( or indeed most of the positions available).

Agree with that, I said to my brother at the game,whatever happened to 4-4-2 and wingers that actually run at the full back and got a cross in,tippy tappy has filtered down to the lower leagues but with shit footballers trying to play it
the players we have could do a decent 442 certainly
"Gates down to 14000 now".
Capacity only around 16500 currently while works carried out on NS lower. MK Dons only brought 500  but have to allocate them more seats and official attendance was 14958. Not many tickets available for non ST holders especially 2 or more together. I realise quite a few empty seats from ST holders who weren't there but I don't expect to see much higher attendance figures until the works are finished
4. We've actually got rid of players that weren't playing. I haven't got a problem with that.
If Burton fans are right about his performances last season, Carter seems anything but 'a punt in the dark'.
My word, less than 12 months after Jackettball, we have people asking for route one
Funny isn't it. As frustrating as the last few games have been, ill take it every time ahead of jacketball.

Looks like we are back to wasteful finishing (which never went away really) and individual mistakes costing us. Need to get back to being solid at the back.

Cowley said after the Cambridge game that the players weren't patient enough to find that extra pass to open defenses up. Saturday they overcompensated and were too scared to shoot! The players need to grow a brain (collectively) to use their judgement to make good decisions on when to shoot and when to play the extra pass(es).

This is all compounded by not having any finishers in the team.
If we attack down the right it generally ends with Romeo running, head down before putting in an aimless cross. If we attack down the left we usually have more overlaps but people in and outside the box are either static and/or in a poor position so it ends with the player on the ball running out of options and too crowded out to shoot. Yesterday we reached a new low on a number of occasions where the attacking player came to a complete standstill for a few seconds on the edge of the area. Harness has no confidence in his team mates and gets greedy - towards the end of the match he went on one desperate but hilarious dribble across the field, 5 times around the box including several pirouettes ignoring all passing options before losing the ball. I’d never seen anything like it before. He was like the greedy kid at school who never passed to anyone on his team. Only decent cross all day was when Curtis ventured to the left, got the ball and dinked a great ball in for Ogilvy to fluff.
I don’t see anyone asking for route one or Jackett ball. All we’re saying is that once in the opposition half that we only need 3 or 4 passes instead of 10 or 11 and trying to walk the ball in
(16-01-2022, 04:34 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t see anyone asking for route one or Jackett ball. All we’re saying is that once in the opposition half that we only need 3 or 4 passes instead of 10 or 11 and trying to walk the ball in

Exactly what drive us inane under Cook until the players revolted and we saw a wonderful three or four months of purposeful football.
We want Jackett Out at Leyton this week. Shame
there you go, we can have him back or Cook or Harry
what a merry go round it is
when push comes to shove most (not all) experienced managers are equally effective or ineffective dependent on the stage of their reign, the club and the resources available.
I think the PL 25 man squad rule did for Jackett and his cronies. The calibre of player has improved at all professional levels as a result and you get passing football in Div 4 now.