TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Player ratings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bazunu. Not brilliant positioning for first goal but not blaming him entirely. Sod all to do, except pick the ball out of the net, until those two blinding saves. 7.5

Ogilvie. What a shame that he fluffed that first half chance. His usual solid self. 7.5

Raggett. Same as Ogilvie, without the missed goal. 7.5

Freeman. I've knocked him before and got pulled up on it. Sorry, he doesn't convince me. A calamity always seems a hairs breadth away. 5.5

Romeo. If only he had a left foot! 7.5

Williams. His body isn't doing what his brain tells it to do. 6

Morrell. Almost back to his best, after that bug. 8

Harness. Flashes of brilliance. I think he could have passed to Romeo, instead of shooting. Couldn't really blame him for having a go though. 8

Curtis. Too slow to be anything other than a very good League one player. His control is well off, lately. 6.5

Hackett? No, he couldn't. Effort was good but no end product. He had more than a fair share of opportunities to get the ball into dangerous areas.
His pass let them in for the first. 5.5

Hirst. What a disappointment, after all the recent promise. His passing was terrible. His biggest attribute is that he keeps Marquis from starting. 
Having said that.........what a well worked goal. 7

Marquis. I just dread him coming on. Hirst far more effective and at least looks like scoring. Wtf they get switched every game, I don't know. Unless it's to confuse the opposition defence into wondering where our striker has gone. 5

Jacobs. Seemed slow and unable to get into it. 6
I must have been asleep that 30 seconds where Hirst looked like scoring. His goal was a scuffed fluke. He's awful. Our striking options of him and Marquis must be among the worst I've seem in my 15 years as a season ticket holder.

Can't argue with the rest of that though. How on earth does Hackett keep getting picked? Abysmal. No idea what Williams is supposed to bring to the team. Freeman a liability, and most of the others nothing more than bang average at best. The loanees Bazunu and Romeo are our best players.

Cowley has still done precisely fuck all to convince me he's the right man for the job.

Ugh.
(15-01-2022, 11:26 PM)PompeyDB Wrote: [ -> ]I must have been asleep that 30 seconds where Hirst looked like scoring. His goal was a scuffed fluke. He's awful. Our striking options of him and Marquis must be among the worst I've seem in my 15 years as a season ticket holder.

Can't argue with the rest of that though. How on earth does Hackett keep getting picked? Abysmal. No idea what Williams is supposed to bring to the team. Freeman a liability, and most of the others nothing more than bang average at best. The loanees Bazunu and Romeo are our best players.

Cowley has still done precisely fuck all to convince me he's the right man for the job.

Ugh.

Hirst wan’t great but if you thought his goal was a ‘scuffed fluke’ you definitely WERE asleep  Smile .
Like most people I think Hirst is really poor but I would defend him for his goal yesterday. I thought he he showed some instinct to get to the ball first and tuck a neat shot inside the post. Apart from that he did nothing.
Hirst is very average but 100% better than Marqmiss. Recco is being played out of position he is a front 3 player or old fashioned inside left if you like, saying that I feel he doesn't deserve to start over Jacobs ( who should be on from the beginning).
I don't see why we cant revert to 433, especially as we don't have a proper left wingback.. We could play without a striker (being as we don't have one anyway) and play a front 3 of Jacobs Curtis Harness.
Baz
Romeo.Robbo/Carter. Raggs.Ogilvie
Thommo.Williams.Morrell
Harness Curtis Jacobs
Great ratings OP, agree fully
Just watched the highlights & agree with most of the scores.

If Bas hadn't made thodse saves at the end it could have been 3-1.

Marquis shold have stayed onside & made it 2-2 although we didn't deserve it so he gets a paltry 4.

Freeman is a liability in defence but did make the cross for Hirst to score so a 5.

Jacobs looked busy when he came on so 6.5 at least but should have started & we could have won!

Hirst for sheer endeavour & a well taken goal 7.5.

Harness looked our most dangerous attacking player so 8 is well deserved.

Like most I don't undrstand DC's team selections & formations so he receives a meagre 5 must do better!