TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Finishing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I understand the clamour about crossing but the finishing is more important for me.

Cowley press is about grounding the ball and moving it towards the goal in triangles so I don't think we will sign layers who are great crossers of the ball as that isn't the delivery the coaches favour (hence why a decent crossed of the ball in Jacobs is transfer listed).

But the first touch and positional sense of Marquis and Hirst - fuck me. I think it is the worst I have seen since Lee Mills
(16-01-2022, 02:12 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]I understand the clamour about crossing but the finishing is more important for me.

Cowley press is about grounding the ball and moving it towards the goal in triangles so I don't think we will sign layers who are great crossers of the ball as that isn't the delivery the coaches favour (hence why a decent crossed of the ball in Jacobs is transfer listed).

But the first touch and positional sense of Marquis and Hirst - fuck me. I think it is the worst I have seen since Lee Mills

I know it's not everything but if it's done right even dinlos like marquis can score. I give Hirst a bit of slack because he's learning his craft but marquis has no excuse.

https://youtu.be/l33CeHMPZIk

(For example, but the L2 champions review is also interesting viewing. I'll go away now!
Oh for a finisher like that. Great video clips