TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Marquis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(18-01-2022, 02:30 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Lincoln away at Rotherham, tonight. A hat-trick from Marquis would well and truly show us the finger.

He could score twice that tonight and it'd remain immaterial.  We can only judge him on what he did for us and that wasn't a whole lot.
I couldn’t care less , he’s gone. As long as he doesn’t score against us I’m happy.
Can't remember when I've been this happy to see the back of an alleged "footballer".
Just wish he'd gone to Sunderland.
Feel sorry for Lincoln fans. Has Appleton really not watched him recently???
Sod's law, hell score against us.
Cheers John, not much chance of you reading this, but thanks for all your efforts in a Pompey shirt, best of luck for your future ventures
P.S. Yak still loves you really
(17-01-2022, 06:13 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]We are very unlikely to go up this season. Even if we did, we are totally unprepared for the Championship and would almost certainly come straight back down.

Best to offload the dross, buy in the summer and give it a shot at winning the league next season.

I wouldn’t mind taking on an up and coming striker on loan until this campaign is finished. I just want to be entertained.

Your wish has come true
Lincoln also signed Liam Cullen who we were supposed to be in for
(18-01-2022, 08:12 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Lincoln also signed Liam Cullen who we were supposed to be in for

They've also got Chris Maguire from Sunderland, formerly of this parish.  I wouldn't have minded him back even at 33.
I sometimes wonder why any lower league striker would come to play at Fratton Park. Our record of supporting them is poor, our record of destroying their confidence seems to be pretty well developed.
He's not off to a great start up there. According to social media he has been sounding off about going back to Donny after his loan if they stay up. Not kicked a ball for them yet and already he is looking elsewhere
(19-01-2022, 01:01 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]He's not off to a great start up there. According to social media he has been sounding off about going back to Donny after his loan if they stay up. Not kicked a ball for them yet and already he is looking elsewhere

According to the News it is not a loan. He has apparently signed for them on a six month contract.
True DB, Lincoln bought the rest of his contract and it expires in the summer when he’ll become a free agent.
(19-01-2022, 02:34 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]True DB, Lincoln bought the rest of his contract and it expires in the summer when he’ll become a free agent.

So if he does well at Lincoln we can pick him up on a free
Nooooooooo!!!!
Let's be honest, most of us were expecting that to happen.
Both Harrison & Now Marquis have scored since leaving Pompey.

Sounds like DC didn't know how to play either of them.

We need a Forwards Coach Urgently!
Why the FUCK did Walker steal the ball off Jacobs just as he's dinked past the entire Sunderland defence and is about about to score.

What a fucking MORON!!!!!
To be honest I'm pleased for Marquis. He was not the most talented we have had but he never stopped running or trying his damndest, and we certainly cannot say that about some that we have had in the past.
Our record of turning decent strikers into head cases must be the best in the league since we hit rock bottom.
How did Harrison get on today?
Glad to read Hammie’s post. The vitriol poured out at Marquis is unfair. Good luck to him. He was ruined by Jackett and Cowley having no idea how to treat a goal scorer.
He was cack
He occasionally scored for us.. Did people honestly think he wouldn't occasionally score for Lincoln too?

Do it again next week John (he won't)
Pages: 1 2