TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Apathy or anticipaion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(18-01-2022, 07:19 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-01-2022, 06:56 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps this forum should be renamed the Miserable Old Git's forum. Even this season we've won more than we've lost so far. Now with 5 out and 2 (3?) in we've a chance of proper exciting football. Glass half full folks!

We may come across as old gits but we have a point. 

Under the Eisner's, our club is perpetually running on the edge - basically selling before buying. Except now we're reduced to not even buying anybody - it's just fecking loans.

One of those loans is from a club that went from L2 through L1 and, after waving us on the way past, are now reasonably stable in the championship. They did it with no fecking ground and owners the fans hated and still they managed to maintain an academy and be in a position to loan future prospects!

Eisner's do just enough to keep the club going. If they were a piece of medical equipment they'd be a ventilator.

Of course, everyone has a point. I prefer to be glass half full, but that may be something to do with living in Arizona over winter, where the skies are blue 9 days out of 10 :-)
(18-01-2022, 02:16 PM)Harrysgirl Wrote: [ -> ]Looking at some of the threads here I have finally logged on this site after along time browsing in an attempt to get that eternal optimism that is a Pompey supporter 

I am a ST holder of over 45 years ex shareholder ploughed my £k in foregoing my holiday that year. Have only missed a handful of games in that 45 years, have been to about 80 plus grounds travelling thousands of miles seeing my beloved Pompey play .. seen them in Pre seasons in Norway Scotland .. went to all Europa leagu games away in Germany and Portugal…. So down to my question…

Why do I feel so apathetic I actually find myself thinking do I want to go on. Saturday now , I know it has been bad in the past and goodness knows when we’re almost folded I was heartbroken travelled to the high court and elated when we got a reprieve but now it is as If my love affair is struggling.

Whether it is coz I have no affinity with the merry go round of loan players that arrive… it doesn’t seem
To matter who owns the club who the Chief exec is who the manager is or who the players are it is still the same……there always seems something not quite right… why when strikers leave us do a fair few suddenly score freely.. is it our training, scouting or what.

Please can anyone give me the will to get that love affair back… if I am honest I think a few seasons on hoof ball, an insipid appearance in every play off and that debacle against Salford at Wembley… yes Wembley where it was like an afterthought ok the paint pot trophy but still Wembley where players would have dreamed of playing… but didn’t

Any thoughts or remedies to get my mojo back appreciated as I feel I am going through the motions on match day. Or have I just fallen out of love with Pompey….. I so hope not AM I Alone  feeling this.
Hat's off to you Harry especially the shareholder bit. Unfortunately for all of us it's been a roller coaster of a ride! Ups downs nothings ever easy for our club. Let down by so many owners it's Not true. The main problem is we don't have anyone local prepared to own the club. We've also never had a major household name sponsor. In my mind both those go hand in hand. I can't really remember my first game that much but mid - 60s & went with one of my dad's R.A.F. pals on the back of a moped from Emsworth. No idea of the result now but from there I was hooked. I worked for Radio Victory for a few years &became very close to the club & some of the players. I played in a friendly at F.P. against their backroom staff & went to one evening training session with the youth team & "Mad Henry" their Naval PTI coach. I very soon realised the level of fitness in pro football as I couldn't walk for over a week let alone run in a game against the pompey Ex Pros at Waterlooville. Keep your chin up & keep the faith - "You know it makes sense"! PUP.
Two things affecting our little group:

- it WAS ours, it is now NOT
- we were on a path when it was ours, now we have stagnated and it feels like the owners are content with the third tier
If this is accepted as a transition season then I would enjoy watching us develop our own club's players for next season and onwards.
I'm not interested very much in watching a very average team develop players for other clubs.
FFS, anyone lend me a gun?
Give me your address
Pages: 1 2