TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Apathy or anticipaion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking at some of the threads here I have finally logged on this site after along time browsing in an attempt to get that eternal optimism that is a feature of being a Pompey supporter .

I am a ST holder of over 45 years ex shareholder ploughed my £1k in foregoing my holiday that year. Have only missed a handful of games in that 45 years, have been to about 80 plus grounds ,travelling thousands of miles seeing my beloved Pompey play .. seen them in Pre seasons in Norway Scotland .. Asia  and went to all Europa league games away in Germany and Portugal…. So now down to my question…

Why do I feel so apathetic I actually find myself thinking do I want to go to FP Saturday now , I know it has been bad in the past and goodness knows when we almost folded I was heartbroken .. I travelled to the high court and  jumped with pure joy outside when the decision came through and we reprieved.. but now it is as If my love affair is struggling and I don’t know why or how to get the love back.

Whether it is due to the merry go round of loan players I have no affinity with no Ray Hiron, Paul Went, Peter Marinello, Alan Biley, Jed Wallace, Matt Clarke, Brett Pitman,  not one player currently or for last couple of seasons I would have cheered from the rafters for… feel I have an affinity with.

It also doesn’t seem to matter who owns the club, who the Chief exec is ,who the manager, is or who the players are it is still the same…we struggle ..it seems …we can never seem to get it right both on and off the pitch.  why when strikers leave us do a fair few suddenly score freely.. is it our scouting ,training   Etc or am I expecting too much.. all I ask is to put in a shift… I want to have something to cheer and jump off my seat for something exciting….

An example ..my grandson play for Pompey under 11 ,s and they have had numerous managers in the last few years it changes regularly with coaches coming and going   Etc etc…and seems no stability.

Please can anyone give me the will to get that love affair back… if I am honest .. I think the catalyst I think was a few seasons  of hoof ball, an insipid appearance in every play off we have played in ,and that debacle against Salford at Wembley… yes Wembley where it was like an afterthought ..ok I get it was the paint pot trophy …but still Wembley ..where players would have dreamed of playing… but many of them didn’t turn up.

Any thoughts or remedies to get my mojo back as I feel I am going through the motions on match day. Or have I just fallen out of love with Pompey….. I SO So hope not …AM I Alone  feeling this.