TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Player ratings Wimbledon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bazunu. Solid 8
Brown. Did ok.  7.5
Ogilvie. Solid and a nuisance around the opposition goal area. 8
Raggett. Not totally at ease with a fast attacking player to marshal. 7.5
Carter. Very solid debut and has an eye for a pass too. 8.
Romeo. A better second half. Great effort that hit the bar. 7.5
Morrell. Fantastic energy but the odd wayward pass. 7.5
Thompson. A bit below par. 7.
Harness. Some nice touches but I could see why he came off. 7
Hirst. An average performance. Didn’t really trouble anyone. 7
Walker. Didn’t really shine but there were little signs that showed he might improve. 7
Williams. He performed one defensive task which justified him being brought on. 7.5
Curtis. Got involved. 7.5
Jacobs. Would have given him a higher score if he hadn’t wasted that free kick. 8

Marquis. Did nothing wrong. 10
Are you having a laugh?
I'm assuming OP is using a scale that goes from 6 min to 20 max for some reason.
nil nil we go again
Hampshire Live gave our midfield and attackers 5.
(18-01-2022, 10:36 PM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]I tuned in from a sunny Barbados and thought two awful teams produced an awful game of football. Can't remember either keeper making a save tbh. Total waste of time for all involved, this team is so, so poor.

Actually both keepers made good saves. The Wimbledon keeper saved brilliantly from a point-blank header in the last 10 minutes - looked a certain goal.

Bazanu made at least two good saves.

Having said that, it was a dreadful game of football. I didn't think it good be as bad as Saturday but.......silly me!
The first half was absolutely dire. The front two barely touched the ball, Walker looked lost and very slow, perhaps not surprisingly so. I suppose we’ll have to give him time although we don’t really have any if we want to get anything out of the season. It’s ironic but perhaps the most dangerous of our ‘CFs’ this season has been Harrison and he’s gone. He at least won some headers, something which Marquis, Hirst and Walker seem incapable of. The second half was a little better but it’s worrying that we only managed to create about three clear cut chances in open play against a very average team down the bottom. Is it the team or the tactics? On a brighter note Carter looked pretty good and as usual our biggest threat was Raggett. A shame their keeper pulled off a blinder from one of his headers. Mid table mediocrity looks on the cards. I see Wigan are running away with the league, shame we couldn’t keep those two players. I also noted Harness saw the red mist again. He took a whack in the mouth which looked accidental, then took his due retribution with a stupid foul and promptly got booked. He’s like an open book.
(18-01-2022, 10:36 PM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]I tuned in from a sunny Barbados and thought two awful teams produced an awful game of football. Can't remember either keeper making a save tbh. Total waste of time for all involved, this team is so, so poor.

Are there any problems getting into Barbados with the new administration?
I'm going at the end of February.
Lots of huff and puff last night but on the whole two average teams playing out a largely boring game. Neat little pop-up stadium.

Curtis had a shot saved by their keeper legs, Raggett had a header saved & Marlon Brando clipped the bar.

At the other end all Bazunu had to do was catch crosses.

We had the better efforts but the general play was pony.
Thanks for the reply.
Have downloaded the app cheers.
hope nothing changes by the end of Feb when we go Big Grin
If you meet up with Gilles, give him our best wishes
Does Gilles live in Barbados?

We've got some posh bods on this board, living in some nice places, you're in Spain aren't you Isaac?
What happens if you test positive with the PCR due to recent infection ? I have heard that they still accept the certificate of recovery ?
(20-01-2022, 11:23 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Does Gilles live in Barbados?

We've got some posh bods on this board, living in some nice places, you're in Spain aren't you Isaac?

Dunno, maybe or perhaps on holiday
Although he has a history of working in some unusual places.
Obviously minted
Gilles is in the Barmy Army
I hope he wears a Pompey shirt at tonights match. 7.30 BT Sport 1
Has this become a personal message service?
(23-01-2022, 08:20 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Has this become a personal message service?

Gilles always was in to some weird things but a "Personal Massage Service" is a new one  Big Grin
(23-01-2022, 08:20 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Has this become a personal message service?

Jealousy  Undecided

Anyway, the match gave the right result but it was excitingly close at the end.
Couple of crucial moments. Topley (corrector corrected his name to Toilet lol) made an incredible stop to save a certain four right near the end (was he touching the barrier?) and the umpire didn’t give what looked like a wide in the penultimate over. Very fine margins. Quite a knock by number 10, it has to be said.
I was surprised to see how chunky(tubby) most of the Windies players were
I don’t get it.

A football forum, with a thread entitled ‘Wimbledon’………..

They’re talking about fucking cricket, ffs!
Calm down, we’ve digressed
Pages: 1 2