TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Balls and that's football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes - I also was disappointed with the result last night but sorry ( to some) but from what I heard the players did enough to have won the game. 

Wimbledon are THAT sort of team, and scrapping for their survival. 

I have been watching this game far, far too long to write off Saturday. The pride , the passion and our unique support will lift the team. It will not be a "Wimbledon" game. It will be a Championship class game where Balls, team ethic and want, desire and the will to WIN will determine the result. 

Do not write off this season - give Cowley and our new players confidence and sincere support. 

We can achieve this season - PUP.
You are absolutely right and we are only 5 points adrift. It can be made up in a couple of games, but it does get harder to give that support as we lurch from one dreary performance to another. 29 goals in 25 games is dreadful and DC needs to start to deliver the type of football he promised. It’s every bit as poor as under Jackett. It struck me yesterday that I think we now have no strikers on our books that actually belong to us. Just 2 loanees. Should this club be trying to progress in that way? We might make the play offs and I sincerely hope we do but it would be folly to think that promotion would bring anything but a nightmare next season. This club is unprepared and unready for the championship. However, as ever, I will be at FP every game, support them, be passionate and hope for good things. PUP.
Regarding strikers, we seem to have tried an awful lot of the proven lower league strikers, battered their confidence and let them go on to succeed elsewhere.
Not sure where we go next to be honest.
I suppose we can try and get champ level players who are out of favour such as Romeo

??
(19-01-2022, 08:37 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding strikers, we seem to have tried an awful lot of the proven lower league strikers, battered their confidence and let them go on to succeed elsewhere.
I suppose we can try and get champ level players who are out of favour such as Romeo

??

Or Robertson ?  or Tunnicliffe ? or Williams ? or Morrell ? or Freeman ? All out of favour champ level players. That, and premier youngsters on loan, has clearly been Cowley's strategy when it comes to signngs all along.  

And now joined by Walker of course.
(20-01-2022, 10:15 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-01-2022, 08:37 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding strikers, we seem to have tried an awful lot of the proven lower league strikers, battered their confidence and let them go on to succeed elsewhere.

??

Or Robertson ?  or Tunnicliffe ? or Williams ? or Morrell ? or Freeman ? All out of favour champ level players. That, and premier youngsters on loan, has clearly been Cowley's strategy when it comes to signngs all along.  

And now joined by Walker of course.

So with the talent available to us that Cowley has brought in, how come we play absolutely shit football??
Because we’ve still got the same front 3 who aren’t regular scorers or who can cross a decent ball