TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Pedalo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You're right. Jacobs has to start. Hackett can't hack it (soz).  Still very unconvinced by Walker. Ok, it's only two games but he looks ponderous. Hirst should have won us a point.
I keep saying Jacobs is our best & most creative player & needs to start.

But DC & his ipad planning doesn't agree.

We sounde much better when Jacobs & Hirst came on.

Reeco & Walker should both be benched.

More points lost down to DC who i have No confidence in any longer!
The team looks worse when Curtis is in it than Jacobs. We should cash in on Curtis (he's reached his level) and use the money to keep Jacobs and get in a protégé for him.
(22-01-2022, 05:32 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]The team looks worse when Curtis is in it than Jacobs. We should cash in on Curtis (he's reached his level) and use the money to keep Jacobs and get in a protégé for him.

Yes, he should replace Curtis, not Hackett cos he couldnt play wing-back to save his life.
FFS Deep, change the system, accommodate them both. They're our most skilful players, we need people who can create chances and score goals.
Curtis and Harness in my opinion are the two I would get shot off. Harness decision making is shocking. No where near as good as some on here think. I think Curtis is a bad influence to the team with his constant moaning. A world beating player in his mind only. I would put money on that Cowley knows it as well. I will be amazed if either player will be first choice next season.
(22-01-2022, 05:43 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]FFS Deep, change the system, accommodate them both. They're our most skilful players, we need people who can create chances and score goals.

Going back to Jackett's hated 4231 could enable that with Harness, Jacobs and Curtis as the three.  But not sure Walker or Hirst on their own up front would produce many goals, although I have high hopes of Walker coming good.
Roman Curtis is better than Yakubu according to Ronan Curtis lol
Unconvinced by a player who has turned out for us twice. What has become of us
They need to ditch this 3 at the back malarky - why not play 4-1-3-2 and attack teams.
Apparently DC sees Jacobs challenging Harness and not Curtis for the No10 or wide role and believes Jacobs can only relly play in a couple of positions such as a 433.
(23-01-2022, 03:27 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently DC sees Jacobs challenging Harness and not Curtis for the No10 or wide role and believes Jacobs can only relly play in a couple of positions such as a 433.

I don't think this manager can adapt to the players he has at his disposal. It doesn't work but I'll keep trying it!!  Dodgy
Extract from Hampshire Live:

HL. What did you make of Michael Jacobs’ cameo appearance?

DC. Positive. I thought he was a positive. I thought he came on and gave us that bit of quality that maybe we haven’t had in the second half.

HL. What does he need to do to start games?

DC. He is putting his hand up and good on him.

HL. Can you get him in the side?

DC. Well, I think we can. I definitely think we can. What you have to remember is he plays in the same position as Marcus Harness in this system and Marcus has already scored nine goals this season and I think people who watch Portsmouth will agree that he’s been a key player for us.

Maybe, we have to look at a way of getting both in the team.

HL. Are you limited on where you can play him in this system?

DC. Well Michael only plays in a certain area of the pitch, so really in any system it’s a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3, there’s only really a certain area of the pitch that Michael plays in.

HL. Is now the time to start him?

DC. I think Michael came on and gave us that little bit of quality we didn’t have and we need some more quality in the final third.
Play 'em both. My suggestion yesterdayyyyyyyy
(23-01-2022, 03:29 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-01-2022, 03:27 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently DC sees Jacobs challenging Harness and not Curtis for the No10 or wide role and believes Jacobs can only relly play in a couple of positions such as a 433.

I don't think this manager can adapt to the players he has at his disposal. It doesn't work but I'll keep trying it!!  Dodgy

Sounds like a major cop out to me by DC. I'd play curtis & harness on the wings & Jacobs in the middle playing the No. 10 role.
still overthinking the techie tactics and not watching what is happening on the pitch.