TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Quote of the season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jordan Cross in the 93rd minute of The News online match report “Pompey could be here all day and not score”. Says all there is to say about Pompey at present. 
The Club have to provide Danny C with the wherewithall to remedy Pompey’s chronic inability to score or the season will be in terminal decline.
I think it already is.
Yep. Lack of investment = predictable outcome.
pretty but pointless, that's most team's passing game to me.
Bring on the BEAST .... couldn't do much worse !
Striking coaches desperately needed. It goes back years now
I’m sure there are others who may be able to back me up on this.

I get to watch all the games on ifollow and, as a consequence, get to hear Witts views on the game. It was quite apparent that he really didn’t rate Marquis. His comments about Hirst and now Walker, however, are fairly positive.
His comments, about our inability to get balls into the box, are pretty constant.
I like Guy W and his views are usually spot on. Crossing is diabolical for sure. I worry though if he rates Hirst!!! What a header at the end of the Sunderland game... I could have scored that!!!
(24-01-2022, 01:28 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]I like Guy W and his views are usually spot on. Crossing is diabolical for sure. I worry though if he rates Hirst!!! What a header at the end of the Sunderland game... I could have scored that!!!

He rates his movement, not his finishing. 

I can see him being a Michael Smith, a late developer when it comes to finding the net regularly.
ok, yes maybe so.
(24-01-2022, 02:21 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]ok, yes maybe so.

and more specifically he rates his movement compared to Marquis.

Never has a striker worked so hard and put so much effort into doing the wrong things.
Then I take back what I said and think Guy is wrong.
(24-01-2022, 03:07 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Then I take back what I said and think Guy is wrong.

In which case I'll cling on to the possibility that he might be better qualified to judge than you.  But he was not alone in commenting how Marquis's positioning was often wrong.
I don’t believe Wittingham has ever said he rates anybody’s finishing. What he has done is praise a lot of Hirsts other qualities.
Hirsts headed effort (from between two defenders!) probably should have been on target. Is he a good finisher? Clearly not. What I would say is that between him and Jacobs, they set Pompey off on a stronger finish, when they came on.