TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Loan players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the point in playing all these loan players. Azeez, Ahadme did nothing. Bass is perfectly capable of playing at this level. Yes Romeo's playing well but he's not ours. Ditto Carter although it was his mistake that cost us today. It's a transition season, all this lot will be gone next year and loads of our players are sitting on the bench or back home. They're not gonna get much experience from doing that. Just don't understand it.
(22-01-2022, 05:02 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]What is the point in playing all these loan players. Azeez, Ahadme did nothing. Bass is perfectly capable of playing at this level. Yes Romeo's playing well but he's not ours. Ditto Carter although it was his mistake that cost us today. It's a transition season, all this lot will be gone next year and loads of our players are sitting on the bench or back home. They're not gonna get much experience from doing that. Just don't understand it.

No one knows where any of those players will be next season. No reason why some of them can't still be with us. Loan players often sign after their loan is over. 

But I do not understand why anyone would want Freeman playing ahead of Romeo or Carter ? 

The loan system is there to be used, and any manager has a duty to use it to strengthen their sqaud as best they can, and can do the same next season.  I can't  see much difference between signing a player on a one year contract or on a one year loan ?
Who have we loaned and then signed in the last 5 years? Agreed on Freeman, can't stand him but signing him and then loaning two others for his position seems a little strange.
Was either Downing or Raggett on loan at first?
Quite a few of our loan players have been out on loan after loan after loan and nobody has signed them.Rather have a smaller squad where all the players are ours and bring one or two youth players in to the team.
If Downing was then that didn't go too well. Raggers was it seems.
(22-01-2022, 05:18 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]If Downing was then that didn't go too well. Raggers was it seems.

Downing wasn't, Raggett was. 

Matt Clarke was too. 

But I meant throughout the leagues not just here.  I would not be surprised to see at least one of Carter, Romeo or Walker (who it has been reported has been signed on loan with a view of a deal afterwards) here next year.  Romeo for instance is well out of favour at Millwall and seems to like it here, so could come back on loan again if he is still under contract there. 

And if (big if) we went up we would be favourites to get Bazunu too. 

Just think of loan players as short contract permanent signings and stop worrying abot strengthening the team by having them here.