TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Too soon to throw in the towel !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Very, very frustrating and the more we outplayed them for that early part of the game (before they scored) we all feared what would/DID happen !

We have played Sunderland twice and certainly in each game I would say were the better team / and/or they were NOT better than us over 90 minutes . 

However, in this game once we gave them a gift we knew it was end of......and, I presume - like all of us - the manager has his likes/dislikes ...preferences ( becoming quite apparent) - 

Williams certainly must be a big preference - Harness also (* see a previous post) good run - 'creative attacking' - reach the area ....stop ..... OH DEAR!

Jacobs Sir - what have you done to NOT DESERVE A START ??

But ..... regarding the TOWEL ...who would have given Carrot crunchers a flipping chance three games ago ?? 

PUP
Throw in the towel? I don't think so; we had a ten game run without defeat and we've just drawn 1 lost 2 out of three, hardly throw in the towel stuff. Saying that I'm hearing a lot a wailing and blubbing as per usual
We're a 'just above mid table team'. Capable of some great results and just as capable of some bad ones. We need players who can give great service to our strikers and then we'll push on to be contenders.

Until then.................work in progress.
We are well in the running for the play offs. Yesterday's expected defeat doesn't change that. If anything there were positives, we all thought we would roll over yet we outplayed them for the first 40 mins
Get Curtis back on the wing and Jacobs playing as a 10, sign a creative midfielder and maybe pigs will fly. Cowley doesn't have the wherewithal to solve these problems.
Morrell is a good enough as a creative mid. Curtis is better wide, where he can cut in and shoot. Harness is probably our best in the difficult number 10 if we wont play two proper strikers together. I seem to recall Jacobs playing a game or two wide right and skinning the full back a few times.
(23-01-2022, 10:53 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Morrell is a good enough as a creative mid. Curtis is better wide, where he can cut in and shoot. Harness is probably our best in the difficult number 10 if we wont play two proper strikers together. I seem to recall Jacobs playing a game or two wide right and skinning the full back a few times.

We have a bang average team right now … with very few of the players regularly capable of delivering consistent quality week in, week out. Curtis and Morrell are two classic cases in point … both flattering to deceive more often than not, with probably one good game every 5.
Morrell will be far better once he has a regular fit midfield partner. Tunnicliffe injured again, Williams prob last season as a regular, Thompson injury prone. Dare I say it but Ben Thompson as a midfield duo with Morrell would be more than enough for L1