TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Soft fans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every team has them and my god we had our fair share. What an overreaction to a narrow defeat yesterday
(23-01-2022, 01:04 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Every team has them and my god we had our fair share. What an overreaction to a narrow defeat yesterday

Do me a favour and check out our scoring stats this season....
It's not just one game, our team at the moment is worst then our league 2 winning team.

We have gone backwards.
Apart from Gavin Bazunu Who would get into that, first team 11???

League two winning team.
Goalkeepers

David Forde

Liam O'Brien

Defenders

Tom Davies

Enda Stevens

Matt Clarke

Christian Burgess

Jack Whatmough

Drew Talbot

Brandon Haunstrup

Midfielders

Danny Rose

Carl Baker

Michael Doyle

Gary Roberts

Jamal Lowe

Kal Naismith

Kyle Bennett

Amine Linganzi

Gareth Evans (I would play him @ RB)

Stanley Aborah

Forwards

Curtis Main

Nicke Kabamba

Eoin Doyle

Conor Chaplin

Noel Hunt
(23-01-2022, 01:32 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]Apart from Gavin Bazunu Who would get into that, first team 11???

League two winning team.
Goalkeepers

David Forde

Liam O'Brien

Defenders

Tom Davies

Enda Stevens

Matt Clarke

Christian Burgess

Jack Whatmough

Drew Talbot

Brandon Haunstrup

Midfielders

Danny Rose

Carl Baker

Michael Doyle

Gary Roberts

Jamal Lowe

Kal Naismith

Kyle Bennett

Amine Linganzi

Gareth Evans          (I would play him @ RB)

Stanley Aborah

Forwards

Curtis Main

Nicke Kabamba

Eoin Doyle

Conor Chaplin

Noel Hunt

Comparing yesterday's XI to the Lge 2 team that won 6-1 on the last day of the seaon, I would say... 

Bazanu ahead of Forde
Romeo ahead Evans (much as I loved him) 
Burgess & Clarke ahead of Raggett & Robertson but the current pair are good too 
Edna Stevens miles ahead of any left back we've got now
Doyle ahead of Williams or Thompson
Morrell ahead of Rose 
Harness ahead of Baker
Curtis ahead of Bennett 
Naismith ahead of Hackett
Chaplin ahead of Walker

So I'd say Cook's team was better as a whole but man for man there is not as much in it as some would claim.
Bazanu
Edna Stevens, Burgess & Clarke, Evans
Jacobs, Doyle, Roberts, Lowe
Chaplin, Hunt

Fan owned team wins 9v2.
We have gone backwards!!
I'm in no doubt that we've regressed in 4 and a half years. The current management are incompetent and tactically clueless.
I'm also in no doubt that we'll be in this division for years to come because the owners don't invest properly in the playing side, including management and team. Or maybe we just have the wrong manager, Wigan seem to be flying high although I don't know what their wage bill is.
(23-01-2022, 02:26 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]Bazanu
Chaplin, Hunt

Fan owned team wins 9v2.
We have gone backwards!!

Noel Hunt ??? !!!!  He scored one goal for us in 20 appearances.  How is that better than Curtis, our top scorer this century ?
(23-01-2022, 02:42 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-01-2022, 02:26 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]Bazanu
Chaplin, Hunt

Fan owned team wins 9v2.
We have gone backwards!!

Noel Hunt ??? !!!!  He scored one goal for us in 20 appearances.  How is that better than Curtis, our top scorer this century ?
Curtis, has got he's goals from the left or right of front 3 or as a midfielder not as a forward, Hunt may not have scored many goals but he worked he's ass off up top.

Curtis is not a CF.

You could swap him for Jacobs, but I wouldn't
We can blame Cowley for Jackett taking us backwards for the first 3 and 3 quarter years if you want. Only serves to prove me right with the OP
It would be 4231
so
Baz
Romeo Whatmough Clarke Edna
Morrell Doyle
Lowe Roberts Curtis
Chaplin
Subs Forde,Burgess Naismith,Jacobs,Harness,Thompson ,E.Doyle
(23-01-2022, 03:11 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]We can blame Cowley for Jackett taking us backwards for the first 3 and 3 quarter years if you want. Only serves to prove me right with the OP

Bullshit!
How long did you give Jackett?
It's Danny Team Now!

Gavin Bazunu (DC)

Lee Brown

Clark Robertson (DC)

Shaun Williams (DC)

Ryan Tunnicliffe (DC)

Tyler Walker (DC)

Marcus Harness

Ronan Curtis

Kieron Freeman (DC)

Jayden Reid (DC)

Mahlon Romeo (DC)

Connor Ogilvie (DC)

Hayden Carter (DC)

Reeco Hackett

George Hirst (DC)

Sean Raggett

Joe Morrell (DC)

Liam Vincent (DC)

Louis Thompson (DC)

Michael Jacobs

Alex Bass
(23-01-2022, 03:23 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]It would be 4231
so
Baz
Romeo Whatmough Clarke Edna
Morrell Doyle
Lowe Roberts Curtis
Chaplin
Subs Forde,Burgess Naismith,Jacobs,Harness,Thompson ,E.Doyle

Not sure the League 2 version of Lowe would get in ahead of say Harness. Before the goals at Notts Co three games from the end of the season he had looked OK, promising but not delivering much. He was often just a sub for Carl Baker that season. It was only in Lge 1 that he developed into a much better player.
IMO Lowe was and is miles above Curtis and Harness. He could cross and score and link up, plus he was a lot more consistent something the other two aren’t which is why interest in them cools every TW.
This always happens when someone leaves us. Happened with Cook, happened with Lowe - they get deified.

I haven't forgotten the middle section of Lowe's last season with us where his end product evaporated and at times he lost his place
(23-01-2022, 05:48 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]IMO Lowe was and is miles above Curtis and Harness. He could cross and score and link up, plus he was a lot more consistent something the other two aren’t which is why interest in them cools every TW.

I'd agree that Lowe became much better than Curtis or Harness. 

But under Cook in Lge2 he was not a regular first choice and he was not considered as one of the best eleven in that squad, let alone that squad and the current squad combined.
Lowe was our most frustrating player, I'm sure we remember him getting into good positions then going sideways or backwards. Up until that final crazy run in any how.
We really got lucky with Forde who turned a team of nearly good enough into a promotion team, almost on his own.
(23-01-2022, 06:56 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Lowe was our most frustrating player, I'm sure we remember him getting into good positions then going sideways or backwards. Up until that final crazy run in any how.
We really got lucky with Forde who turned a team of nearly good enough into a promotion team, almost on his own.

Lowe only started 5 games that season, so he was very much a work in progress. 

Forde was one of most succesful loan signings and solved what had been a problem position, but I think others in the team had more influence on us becoming a promotion team. Clarke & Doyle for starters, and in the spectacular run-in Naismith got us up almost single-handed.
(23-01-2022, 06:56 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Lowe was our most frustrating player, I'm sure we remember him getting into good positions then going sideways or backwards. Up until that final crazy run in any how.

I'll give you Forde but raise you Michael Doyle.
(23-01-2022, 03:31 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]It's Danny Team Now!

Gavin Bazunu (DC)

Lee Brown

Clark Robertson  (DC)

Shaun Williams  (DC)

Ryan Tunnicliffe  (DC)

Tyler Walker  (DC)

Marcus Harness

Ronan Curtis

Kieron Freeman  (DC)

Jayden Reid  (DC)

Mahlon Romeo  (DC)

Connor Ogilvie  (DC)

Hayden Carter  (DC)

Reeco Hackett 

George Hirst  (DC)

Sean Raggett

Joe Morrell  (DC)

Liam Vincent  (DC)

Louis Thompson  (DC)

Michael Jacobs

Alex Bass

And I’m still moaning about Reeco and Curtis.
(23-01-2022, 01:04 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Every team has them and my god we had our fair share. What an overreaction to a narrow defeat yesterday

This...  Angry