TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Quite a while till our next match
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They've absolutely got to work on crosses and dead ball situations. How many times in the last two games have we failed to beat the first man or ballooned it over the bar? Only Jacobs put in a couple of decent ones and he wasn't on the pitch long.

Anyway, as there's not much to comment match-wise this week, here's an Ex-Pompey active players XI. I think all have played Championship or above. Anyone change someone? Subs?

Begovic
Joel Ward     Adam Webster      Matt Clarke        Enda Stevens

Jed Wallace         Marlon Pack        Kal Naismith

Conor Chaplin   Michael Smith    Jamal Lowe
Matt Ritchie on the bench.
Sonny Bradley
Npt a bad team that, dsmg. 442 Take out Smith, put Matt Richie into midfield, jobs a goodn

Add Nathan Thompson & Jason Pearce on the bench

Who would be the manager though?
(24-01-2022, 12:39 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Npt a bad team that, dsmg. 442 Take out Smith, put Matt Richie into midfield, jobs a goodn

Add Nathan Thompson & Jason Pearce on the bench

Who would be the manager though?

Take out Smith?

Why?
Becsuse i thnk Richie is a better player than smudge. I also prefer 442 to 433. Kills 2 birds with one stone with my solution.
Ex-managers. Mmmm, El Tel (is he still alive?), Redknapp (that'll piss off a few), Whitts!!! Love him.
Begovic
Ward, Webster, Clarke, Stevens
Pack ?
Ritchie Wallace Lowe
smith

Can’t really think of another central midfielder unless we count loans then it would be Ben Thompson
Tom Naylor. Played Champ for Burton Alb.
In for who, Forever? Or on the bench? Burgess for defensive back-up
Only bench at best!! Just a name I thought of who had played champ football... in a relegated team!!
(24-01-2022, 02:24 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Only bench at best!! Just a name I thought of who had played champ football... in a relegated team!!

I thought we were looking for players that played at champ or prem level AFTER leaving us ? 

So we'll be abe to add Whatmough & Naylor to the list next season.
Luke Varney is another 

and Jermaine Defoe ?

and is David Nugent still playing ?
Webster's being tipped for an England call up.
The plot thickens
if nugent is still hauling himself about, wonder if he fancies a last season in the 3rd tier?
Newcastle interested in Webster, and to think some posters on this site thought he was awful.