TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Bass out on loan!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
WTF!
Alex Bass out on loan to Bradford.
(24-01-2022, 10:18 AM)Cleaver Greene Wrote: [ -> ]WTF!
Alex Bass out on loan to Bradford.

Not exactly a surprise is it? They’ve been talking about it for ages.

He needs games, this is a good idea imo.
How old is he? Probably absolutely fed up with being on the bench when he could walk into many teams.
OK, so who is the backup if Baz gets injured?
Who do we have as the sub goalkeeper in games?
(24-01-2022, 10:22 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]How old is he? Probably absolutely fed up with being on the bench when he could walk into many teams.

He is 23.  There is only so much improvement you can make in a keeper of that age by training (and the evidence every time we see him is that he is still improving) so going out on loan to get some games makes perfect sense. 

He is ready to become our first choice next season and I'm absolutely sure he will be (unless City let us keep Bazanu, which is not that likely).
Thank god he's going to get some game time now.

He should be playing for Pompey but at least man City will be happy. Unless Cowley is going to pull off the impossible and either get us promoted this season or sign Bazunu on a permanent, its a huge development opportunity squandered.

Let's hope football genius Derek can give Bassy a decent run.
Little broadside at Pompey from Bass about our facilities!
What did he say? Can’t find it
Quite low key, just that Bradford have better facilities than we do. I think it was a news article...
(24-01-2022, 02:22 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Quite low key, just that Bradford have better facilities than we do. I think it was a news article...

Thats very different from criticising our facilities.  I'm sure lots of clubs have better but that a does not make ours bad.
I imagine he might find it a bit difficult to start with...new team far from home and friends, new team mates
But I wish him all the best, it is a good move, I hope he makes the most of it.
I think we're looking at bringing the U23 Palace keeper in on a permanent transfer
Let's hope for the best but the chances of us seeing him play before next season are minimal unless Baz gets injured or sent off.
(24-01-2022, 03:00 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I think we're looking at bringing the U23 Palace keeper in on a permanent transfer

Yes and he’s second choice in The Eagles U23 squad. Played a handful of non league games I think. Not much to write home about if the truth be told. If he’s not made a league appearance at the age of 21, is he really worth pursuing? It’s not like we have the resources or experience to bring him on is it?
(24-01-2022, 04:29 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-01-2022, 03:00 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I think we're looking at bringing the U23 Palace keeper in on a permanent transfer

Yes and he’s second choice in The Eagles U23 squad. Played a handful of non league games I think. Not much to write home about if the truth be told. If he’s not made a league appearance at the age of 21, is he really worth pursuing? It’s not like we have the resources or experience to bring him on is it?

‘It’s not like we have the resources or the experience to bring him on’.

Wtf does that mean?

We play in the EFL, not the Sunday League.
After Bass he would be the most experienced keeper on out books.
(24-01-2022, 04:29 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

I'd have thought training with Bazanu would bring on many a keeper. It seems to have done with Bass, who looks better every time we see him. 

Or are you saying Poke is no good as a coach ? If so why ? Is that based on any knowledge ? Cos Bazanu & Bass & Seymour seem to be doing OK under him.

If he is promising enough to be on a premiership team's books he should be good enough to be our number two, and as he is a Pompey boy he may well be happy here waiting on the bench for his chance.
Bazunu is a teenager, Deep. Not an experienced keeper who can dole out tips to the young lads. Get a grip.
(24-01-2022, 06:05 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Bazunu is a teenager, Deep. Not an experienced keeper who can dole out tips to the young lads. Get a grip.

But he is very good and has been well schooled by Man City who know a thing or two.  In particular he has been schooled to play the modern 'sweeper keeper' role and is pretty good at it, not many  keepers get the opprtunity to experience those particular skills.

Age is irrelevant to the fact that if you train with someone better at something than you are you might improve.
Good to see Bass (hopefully) play 1st team games regularly; no good for him to be on the bench. 

We'll probably need him next year so this seems a good move. I wish him all the best.
I don't really understand why a 21 year old would come here just to be a bench warmer.
His contract is up in the summer and he probably has a better chance of being number 2 here rather than 3rd or 4th choice at Palace
The top clubs hoard so many players then let almost all of them go when for many it is too late to develop to play in mens' football.
Hopefully with the ongoing development at Roko we will soon be placed to start up the shadow squad and recruit a few of them. If the finances will support such an expensive step.
(24-01-2022, 10:07 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]His contract is up in the summer and he probably has a better chance of being number 2 here rather than 3rd or 4th choice at Palace

But the chances are he won´t ever get a game.

Surely better he goes down a league or two to get regular games, bit like Bass
Good for Alex to get some regular game time. The lad has a career ahead of him and I wish him all the best