TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Cayman Islands Partnership with Pompey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So that's where our money goes!
(26-01-2022, 06:32 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]So that's where our money goes!

I wonder how this came about. It's a bizarre bit of sponsorship as I would not have thought the average Pompey crowd member was a likely customer for tourism in the Cayman Islands.  But we'll take anybody's money.
Not unusual for tax havens to want to try and diversify their economy with tourism. Wonder how much they'll be paying for the sponsorship?
I'd quite like to diversify into an offshore tax haven.
Difficult not to find the photo of the person on the beach holding the shirt jarring.

Even harder not to find the fiscal/tax angle even more jarring. O.G.
What's the Sponsorship Deal & which Company?
(26-01-2022, 08:13 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Difficult not to find the photo of the person on the beach holding the shirt jarring.

Even harder not to find the fiscal/tax angle even more jarring. O.G.

Not sure why it's jarring at all to be honest.

The Cayman Island Tourist Board is hardly a dodgy organisation, I'm sure it's a nice place to go. 

I could just about understand your reaction if it was a dodgy Cayman Islands bank, but its not.  And even that would be far less jarring then an arms dealer family for instance.
I see my post was removed ….libel??
You know nothings...

"The Cayman Islands and Portsmouth Football Club share a vibrant and storied maritime heritage... and the new partnership will raise awareness of the Cayman Islands..."

I must admit I quite fancy old Rosa's job, Director of Tourism for the Cayman Islands
For me, I prefer a partnership with a tourism organisation than all the potentially life wrecking gambling organisations most clubs link up with.
Can only believe that the geographical alignment with the US of A suggests Mr E has more than a passing involvement in tis deal.

However, as it appears, no problems. How much ? ..... and will it make a real difference ?

Do season ticket holders get free flights/Villa HOLIDAYS ANNUALLY?
(27-01-2022, 11:16 AM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]You know nothings...

"The Cayman Islands and Portsmouth Football Club share a vibrant and storied maritime heritage... and the new partnership will raise awareness of the Cayman Islands..."

I must admit I quite fancy old Rosa's job, Director of Tourism for the Cayman Islands

That's what I was thinking  Smile  Money for old rope, and a beach at the bottom of the garden.
Mind you I think Bournemouth and the Caymans might have been a better fit - all that Sandbanks money has to sit somewhere.
Well, if the pre season tour is there, I am going.
Have you seen the price of hotels there !