TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Lee Brown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got nothing but good things to say about him.

The right time for him to go and I wish him all the best at Wimbledon. A pro,  in the real sense.
i think that there might be more behind the scenes we don't know about..but as a player , i agree with you
"Good solid pro" but only up to his involvement with Curtis & Co in " partygate" a few hours after the loss to Accrington in the last game of the 20/21 season.

It made him look like he didn't care about the PFC fans, and how they my were feeling,'unprofessional".
(29-01-2022, 08:15 AM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]"Good solid pro" but only up to his involvement with Curtis & Co  in " partygate" a few hours after the loss to Accrington in the last game of the 20/21 season.

It made him look  like he didn't care about the PFC fans and how they my were feeling 'unprofessional".

I'm sure the players were hurting every bit as much as the fans after that defeat, but I can't criticise players for going out for a drink after the last game of the season to drown their sorrows and say goodbye to the players that were leaving.  Any fans that saw them were doing the same so how does that hurt their feelings ?? Are you really saying no fans went out for a drink that night ??
(29-01-2022, 11:07 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure the players were hurting every bit as much as the fans after that defeat, but I can't criticise players for going out for a drink after the last game of the season to drown their sorrows and say goodbye to the players that were leaving.  Any fans that saw them were doing the same so how does that hurt their feelings ?? Are you really saying no fans went out for a drink that night ??

If the players had gone out for a " few quiet drinks" somewhere a few miles away from Portsmouth I and many other fans wouldn't have known.

The fact they virtually " celebrated" in Portsmouth itself the loss to Accrington plus the failure to get to the play offs is what grates with many fans.

Crass and Unprofessional !!
(29-01-2022, 11:18 AM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-01-2022, 11:07 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure the players were hurting every bit as much as the fans after that defeat, but I can't criticise players for going out for a drink after the last game of the season to drown their sorrows and say goodbye to the players that were leaving.  Any fans that saw them were doing the same so how does that hurt their feelings ?? Are you really saying no fans went out for a drink that night ??

If the players had gone out for a " few quiet drinks" somewhere a few miles away from Portsmouth I and many other fans wouldn't have known.

The fact they virtually " celebrated" in Portsmouth itself the loss to Accrington plus the failure to get to the play offs is what grates with many fans.

Crass and Unprofessional !!

Who says they were celebrating ??  Why not say they were drowning their sorrows just like most fans did that night. . 

And why on earth could it matter where they did it ? I'd far rather they went out for a drink in Portsmouth than anywhere else, it gives fans a chance to see and mix with them, but maybe they won't feel like it in future if churlish idiots always looking for the negatives go around accusing them of being unprofessional.
Good servant to us, solid player and gave the team some leadership I always thought. Good luck to him.
One of the few real characters at the club and a great influence in the dressing room. I just hope all this tinkering isn't overlooking the signing of people who will stand up and be counted when the going gets tough.
(29-01-2022, 11:43 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Who says they were celebrating ??  Why not say they were drowning their sorrows just like most fans did that night. . 

And why on earth could it matter where they did it ? I'd far rather they went out for a drink in Portsmouth than anywhere else, it gives fans a chance to see and mix with them, but maybe they won't feel like it in future if churlish idiots always looking for the negatives go around accusing them of being unprofessional.

You obviously never saw the widely circulated videos of the "celebrations" led by Brown & Curtis which culminated in " studentgate" later in the evening. 

You  have pretty low standards of expected behaviour of so called "professionals"  DumpBlue .. their behaviour was childish, unacceptable, crass and unprofessional whatever you think  ...
(29-01-2022, 01:31 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-01-2022, 11:43 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Who says they were celebrating ??  Why not say they were drowning their sorrows just like most fans did that night. . 

You obviously never saw the widely circulated videos of the "celebrations" led by Brown & Curtis which culminated in " studentgate" later in the evening. 

You  have pretty low standards of expected behaviour of so called "professionals"  DumpBlue .. their behaviour was childish, unacceptable, crass and unprofessional whatever you think  ...

No I didn't, but unless they were saying they were glad they lost I'd be far more annoyed by the people filming them just so they can wind up the snowflakes who can't wait to be offended and find fault.
Cowley always blah on about we are respectful blah blah professional blah blah
Shame he could not have told Lee face to face he was out.
Still pleased to see a decent pro move on to a good place for him.
Damn good signing for the proper wombles
I believe when DC signed Hume he said he had a discussion with Brown about his future in that he wouldn’t be getting a new contract and could go in the TW if he wished. I can’t see a problem with that, if Brown wanted to stay and see out his contract he could’ve done.
(29-01-2022, 03:25 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I believe when DC signed Hume he said he had a discussion with Brown about his future in that he wouldn’t be getting a new contract and could go in the TW if he wished. I can’t see a problem with that, if Brown wanted to stay and see out his contract he could’ve done.

To be fair Lee Brown wasn't moaning about the lack of contract. He was expressing the view that he deserved a bit more respect, ie do it face to face not to be informed over the telephone. He is right, its not a good way to treat any player and sends out the wrong message to other players we may be trying to sign. I am pleased Brown has  managed to get 2 1/2 year contract at his age.
(29-01-2022, 01:37 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]No I didn't, but unless they were saying they were glad they lost I'd be far more annoyed by the people filming them just so they can wind up the snowflakes who can't wait to be offended and find fault.

Hahaha Ha this is comedy gold from you Dump Blue.

It was Curtis  who took the video and posted it on Snapchat, it was then re-posted on Twitter by angry fans who quite rightly thought they were taking the p!ss by celebrating the loss to Accrington.
I think they were just taking the piss.

Get over it, FFS
(29-01-2022, 07:00 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I think they were just taking the piss.

Get over it, FFS

In that case it is "karma" that Brown was dumped over "the old dog & bone" serves him right for taking the p!ss. 

Hope he has a great time playing in front of one man,  his dog and a couple of Wombles  Big Grin

What goes around, comes around
I’ve no problem with Brown. He was a good player for us.

We move on, as I’m sure he will.
(29-01-2022, 06:57 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-01-2022, 01:37 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]No I didn't, but unless they were saying they were glad they lost I'd be far more annoyed by the people filming them just so they can wind up the snowflakes who can't wait to be offended and find fault.

Hahaha Ha this is comedy gold from you Dump Blue.

It was Curtis  who took the video and posted it on Snapchat, it was then re-posted on Twitter by angry fans who quite rightly thought they were taking the p!ss by celebrating the loss to Accrington.

No I wasn't aware of that because this is such a non-story  it was not publicised much. But in that case its the snowflakes who re-posted it on Twitter that deserve the most criticism. It was the last game of a long season, what's the problem with players having a piss-up ? Interpreting it as 'celebrating the defeat against Accrington' is the only thing wrong here.
He was ok for a couple of seasons but since "Astoriagate" has "lost it".

His parting shots in the interview with Andy Moon in which he comes across as all "bitter and twisted" and he know best have done him no favours at all !!

Yes, we nove on for the better without him !!
"""""""""""""""""