TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Barnsley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The classic yo yo team at our level of late.
I left Solent on and heard a fair amount of the Bournemouth game today.
It sounds like Barnsley are down to virtually a youth U23 team. and stranded at the bottom of the champ with mounting fan unhappiness.

At least if we are here next season, Barnsley might be less laid on for automatic promotion than most times they drop down.

Wider issue, maybe Covid has really hit the mid size champ sides (Derby eg) and our being run in a solvent way might be about to start to pay off as more clubs implode.
(29-01-2022, 10:31 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]The classic yo yo team at our level of late.
I left Solent on and heard a fair amount of the Bournemouth game today.
It sounds like Barnsley are down to virtually a youth U23 team. and stranded at the bottom of the champ with mounting fan unhappiness.

At least if we are here next season, Barnsley might be less laid on for automatic promotion than most times they drop down.

Wider issue, maybe Covid has really hit the mid size champ sides (Derby eg) and our being run in a solvent way might be about to start to pay off as more clubs implode.

Clutching at straws spring to mind.
The league will definately not be as strong next year but for every Barnsley and Derby being weaker, there will be clubs getting their act together, such as Bolton, Ipswich & Sunderland.
Bolton maybe not not the other two. The other two are just like us.
You know what I mean. Had some shant haven't I
Seeing the figures from the champ for club finances, there is every chance that a clutch of clubs could hit the wall some time very soon. Especially if they have been keeping the taxman waiting. Not so bad at our level probably thanks to the financial restrictions a couple of seasons back.