TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Goals cannot be scored in Midfield !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am unsure what others are thinking but I am surprised/shocked ..... even erring towards apathy to read that, apparently, we are in the market for GUESS what ?? - another Midfielder !

What the flip - if this 'window' closes without adding to our attacking options then, it would appear to be white flag appeasement and acknowledgement that we are not fitted to mount a play off challenge.

Currently just FOUR CLUBS - and three of those in the bottom three - have SCORED less goals than our seasons total.

Conversely, all other teams in League one, barring Wigan and Rotherham have conceded more goals than our commendable 25 against.

Now, I am not a football manager/statistician/mathematician or even a Gynaecologist but it seems bloody obvious that our No 1 - thru 100 priority is to add proven firepower ? 

I know it is a difficult market, and these players do not come cheap, but ........  or am I wrong in this assumption ?
Clearly we like to play our football in the middle of the park to stop them and us from getting goals.
We need another central midfielder especially an attacking one. Tunnicliffe is injured, Williams will probably go at the end of the season. All our central midfielders are either holding or defensive , we’ve no box to box . We rely on our wingers to do the attacking but they can’t cross and we have no proper option of playing through the middle.
IMO a striker and an attacking midfielder are our priorities.
(30-01-2022, 10:17 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]I am unsure what others are thinking but I am surprised/shocked ..... even erring towards apathy to read that, apparently, we are in the market for GUESS what ?? - another Midfielder !

What the flip - if this 'window' closes without adding to our attacking options then, it would appear to be white flag appeasement and acknowledgement that we are not fitted to mount a play off challenge.

Currently just FOUR CLUBS - and three of those in the bottom three - have SCORED less goals than our seasons total.

Conversely, all other teams in League one, barring Wigan and Rotherham have conceded more goals than our commendable 25 against.

Now, I am not a football manager/statistician/mathematician or even a Gynaecologist but it seems bloody obvious that our No 1 - thru 100 priority is to add proven firepower ? 

I know it is a difficult market, and these players do not come cheap, but ........  or am I wrong in this assumption ?

The main reason we are not scoring is the lack of good service from midfield.

And yes,we would all like a great stiker to be added as well but this is January, there will not be many of those available, better to wait till the summer than buy dross for the sake of it.
If only there was a young energetic and gutsy midfielder available. Someone with L1 & championship experience, not currently getting a game and close to the end of their contract. Preferably based down south.

Can't think of anyone...
Teasing now ....
(30-01-2022, 12:29 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]If only there was a young energetic and gutsy midfielder available. Someone with L1 & championship experience, not currently getting a game and close to the end of their contract. Preferably based down south.

Can't think of anyone...

Nope, can't think of anyone who fits that description...
Maybe NC has decided that it does not matter who we put up front if we cannot create chances.
Seeing both Marquis and Harrison instantly remembering how to finish chances, a with so many of our offloaded strikers of late, it might suggest that we are unlikely to get strikers who are significantly better but can improve the set up for them instead?