TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Aiden O'Brien
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just read the Jordan Cross tweet that he's being linked with a move to PO4.  A forward with a worse scoring record than Marquis.

Yep, Danny, it's getting very exciting now.

Incoming
One in nine for Sunderland. Yes I think that is worse than Marquis. Hmm...
Deepblue will find a positive in there somewhere
(31-01-2022, 04:35 PM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: [ -> ]Just read the Jordan Cross tweet that he's being linked with a move to PO4.  A forward with a worse scoring record than Marquis.

Incoming

Wiki has him already signed by us.   

Poor scoring record but lots of Championship experience and has 5 caps for Ireland. 

Might be a good partner for Walker, but definitely not an exciting signing.
Yet another striker who has a crap goal scoring record . What is it with this club ?
(31-01-2022, 04:43 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(31-01-2022, 04:35 PM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: [ -> ]Just read the Jordan Cross tweet that he's being linked with a move to PO4.  A forward with a worse scoring record than Marquis.

Incoming

Wiki has him already signed by us.   

Poor scoring record but lots of Championship experience and has 5 caps for Ireland. 

Might be a good partner for Walker, but definitely not an exciting signing.

Deep, I definitely admire your optimistic outlook on all things Pompey.
Wow Andy Cullens you're a fecking genius. Let's sign more players that are too krap for Sunderland.

Embarrassing.
(31-01-2022, 04:46 PM)Bedhamptonblue69 Wrote: [ -> ]Yet another striker who has a crap goal scoring record . What is it with this club ?

Marquis had a decent goal scoring record when we signed him. He continued to have a respectable goal scoring record in his time with us. The fans still whinged and moaned. I’m not sure how many more reality checks the average Pompey fan actually needs. Marquis was the best we could get and unless we stumble upon some unknown miracle striker, O’Brien is about what we can expect.
(31-01-2022, 05:05 PM)Lentil_Soup Wrote: [ -> ]
(31-01-2022, 04:46 PM)Bedhamptonblue69 Wrote: [ -> ]Yet another striker who has a crap goal scoring record . What is it with this club ?

Marquis had a decent goal scoring record when we signed him. He continued to have a respectable goal scoring record in his time with us. The fans still whinged and moaned. I’m not sure how many more reality checks the average Pompey fan actually needs. Marquis was the best we could get and unless we stumble upon some unknown miracle striker, O’Brien is about what we can expect.
 I won’t be expecting goals then ?
Another potential heap of shit.........someone, somewhere is taking the piss out of us!
Maybe he’ll thrive on the fantastic service we provide our forwards with.

Actually, I’ll reserve judgement.
How many players will that give us - limit is 22
I see Sunderland journalist says he’s a hard worker , a good squad player but not a stand out player who makes the starting 11 regularly. Pompey say they might not get him signed before deadline. If not they’ll have another try in the summer. Nothing like excitement with us getting our work done early in the window!
Shows us where our place is now. We should be competing with Sunderland, not loaning their reserves as we gaze up the table at them from afar.
Top trainer of horses in all fairness
Only fucking Pompey could manage a downgrade on Marquis
Welcome to Pompey Aiden, best of luck let's see what you can do.
Please ignore the miserable fuckwads who aren't willing to give anyone a chance before they even pull on the shirt.
(31-01-2022, 07:08 PM)farq2 Wrote: [ -> ]Top trainer of horses in all fairness

He certainly is
Ask him if he has a spare couple of hours a week to train our players. He can’t do worse than Cowley!
(31-01-2022, 09:54 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]Ask him if he has a spare couple of hours a week to train our players. He can’t do worse than Cowley!

He trains Racehorses, not donkeys.
Hopefully better than Walker's looked so far
Aiden O'Brien, goal scoring record, looks more likely to score with a nun, then a goal for us, unless he finds he's inner Ronaldo.

We can only hope...
To be fair to him he's been played out of position in midfield as he's a forward.

I'd be interested to hear Sunderland fans view of him.
You just know he will get played as a winger