TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Charlton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Offside goal apart, this is disappointing .
Why no Curtis or Jacobs?
I'm not happy with this, we couldn't hit a barn door after 40 mins of this carp so far.
Cue two crackers
Well I can hope
Hopefully 2 crackers but I fear not. I'd certainly have Curtis and Thompson on
Pathetic. 1 on target shot, at the wrong f*&^%$# end!
Jacobs! Play him from the fucking start!
Oh what does Jacobs have to do to get a game assisted by Curtis. It's pisstaking really
is that 6 wins in a row for Charlton at Fratton Park?
I was just releaved they did not hit us on the break 4 times tonight.
I thought their Manager Johnnie Jackson (?) had Pompey sussed from the off !

Just let our initial charge peter out and then set about driving through our midfield, worked like a charm, time and time again Charltons midfields surging runs left our midfield in tatters.

Charlton got lucky with their first goal but from then on luck didn’t enter into it, they were head and shoulders the better team and might have had 3 or 4

Strangely enough, McG who has been excellent for Charlton all season long (my grandson who lives in SE23 is a Charlton season ticket holder rates him as outstanding) gifted us our goal, we probably wouldnt have scored on the night without his ‘assist’

Charlton, now with 6 straight wins at Fratton Park, surely rate as a Pompey Bogey side
And next up Burton and Donny who we have a surprisingly poor record against.
(01-02-2022, 12:24 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]I thought their Manager Johnnie Jackson (?) had Pompey sussed from the off !

Just let our initial charge peter out and then set about driving through our midfield, worked like a charm, time and time again Charltons midfields surging runs left our midfield in tatters.

Charlton got lucky with their first goal but from then on luck didn’t enter into it, they were head and shoulders the better team and might have had 3 or 4

Strangely enough, McG who has been excellent for Charlton all season long (my grandson who lives in SE23 is a Charlton season ticket holder rates him as outstanding) gifted us our goal, we probably wouldnt have scored on the night without his ‘assist’

Charlton, now with 6 straight wins at Fratton Park, surely rate as a Pompey Bogey side

One win in the last twenty games against Charlton was the stat I heard last night. Madness.
(01-02-2022, 12:37 PM)2_Kuhl Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-02-2022, 12:24 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]I thought their Manager Johnnie Jackson (?) had Pompey sussed from the off !

One win in the last twenty games against Charlton was the stat I heard last night. Madness.

The win was the day we took thousands of fans and Pitman missed a pen
That was a mad period where there was some stat that every time we missed a pen we went on to win the game. Happened about 4 or 5 times

I remember when D’Allessandro scored that screamer against them at The Valley back in 2007. We won that day

Not as mad as you think.

The six straight home defeats is true, we have not beaten them at FP since 2004. But we have won four of the last six games we have played up there, with one draw and just one defeat.
(01-02-2022, 03:33 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]

I remember when D’Allessandro scored that screamer against them at The Valley back in 2007. We won that day

...2006. We lost 2-1.
Their fans were superb last night.
(01-02-2022, 04:58 PM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-02-2022, 03:33 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]

...2006. We lost 2-1.

I saw that from behind the goal.
(01-02-2022, 05:13 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Their fans were superb last night.

They sang "you're not famous anymore" at us ffs. 
 From a club that's easily as big as Pompey singing that was two Bob as fvck.  That's a song the minnows sing. More embarrassing than the plastic MkDongs singing Millwall's song the week before.
(01-02-2022, 05:13 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Their fans were superb last night.

Nah, they sang when they were winning, tried to get Bazooka (and failed) and then faded when we decided to make an effort.

Thought Pompey fans did a very good job to not turn on their own team considering what was on offer (again).
and a few of their little boys were definitely out of order after the game , a good argument for holding them in after for a few minutes, especially at night games when fans mingling after in pitch black is not a good idea really.
(01-02-2022, 07:00 PM)BabaOReally Wrote: [ -> ]

They sang "you're not famous anymore" at us ffs. 
 From a club that's easily as big as Pompey singing that was two Bob as fvck.  That's a song the minnows sing. More embarrassing than the plastic MkDongs singing Millwall's song the week before.

They sang where's your famous atmosphere, and to be fair, they had a point.
even when we get on top it seems a huge effort to get loud, knowing that it just fizzles out or goes backwards. Once you lose the belief in the team on and off the pitch it is very difficult.
General apathy around me.