TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Strikers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When is someone going to give Walker the bloody ball?

Having said that, Hirst just went and got it. If only he could score!
I think they saw how useless Walker is so avoided him!
I thought they looked reasonable second half, from sitting behind the goal in the Fratton end.
If only we could play a decent cross from open play or a corner
(31-01-2022, 10:18 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]I think they saw how useless Walker is so avoided him!

Walker looked better than Hirst tonight.  I'll reserve judgement till we see what he can do with a chance .. he didn't get a sniff tonight.
(31-01-2022, 10:49 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(31-01-2022, 10:18 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]I think they saw how useless Walker is so avoided him!

Walker looked better than Hirst tonight.  I'll reserve judgement till we see what he can do with a chance .. he didn't get a sniff tonight.

I'm not saying he won't turn out to be ok, but Walker looks like a schoolkid who doesn't make the team, and plays in plimsolls.
We could have Kane and Sterling up there and we still wouldn't score. No fucking service
Morris put it on a plate for Hirst in the 1st half and the coont couldn't even make contact with the ball.
(31-01-2022, 11:44 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Morris put it on a plate for Hirst in the 1st half and the coont couldn't even make contact with the ball.

Indeed.. except are you sure it was Morris!? If he is back no wonder we are struggling! Undecided
Haha my apologies. Thanks autocorrect.
(31-01-2022, 11:02 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]We could have Kane and Sterling up there and we still wouldn't score. No fucking service

Think Kane and Sterling are perfectly capable of creating their own chances.  Our strikers rather less so.
MMMM. Harry Kane wanders around most of the time. With England at the Euro's, one game I counted that he touched the ball five times in the whole game. (And no, not one of those touches was scoring).
He reminds me a bit of LeTossier, wanders around for 85 minutes and produces one worldy out of nothing. Suddenly he is a great player.
I take the point though, even given one chance he would score.
Our stikers given umpteen chances might get one. OR, what seems to be happening not given the chances at all.