TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Drop zone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Threadbare squad

With a couple of key Injuries we could be in a dog fight
We are two bad results from being right down there and you can't see where the goals are going to come from, simply zero service.

Second half of the season is not going to be for the faint of heart that's for sure.
I'm not sure the squad is threadbare, just not very good, all about the same level with no star quality to make the difference.
Agreed. 18 poor players plus 2 or 3 useful plus Baz.
one very good save
passes to Raggie to play long passes
Not sure we are gaining anything from his feted distribution skills.
If he could learn to dominate crosses coming into his box perhaps that would be handy too.
Hysterical tarts alert
An awfull display tonight untill the cowleys introduced the only two footballers we hsve into the action. (that's and exageration but i'm making a point) 

Curtiss hits in a great cross Jacobs bangs in a goal, shame it was so late, the official fook off cowley campaighn starts here. 

p.s. spelling mistakes included to give duffers something to toss over.
Give or take one or two players ( that’s being generous ) we have a “team” that actually aren’t shy in looking like they don’t give a fook about it . Can’t score for toffee so a relegation scrap would be a big concern .
We are worse as a squad … simple as that
(01-02-2022, 07:45 AM)Bedhamptonblue69 Wrote: [ -> ]Give or take one or two players ( that’s being generous ) we have a “team” that actually aren’t shy in  looking like they don’t give a fook about it . Can’t score for toffee so a relegation scrap would be a big concern .

Unfair to say they don’t give a fook. I saw plenty of endeavour last night, especially second half. It’s just that we’re not very good and are constantly outplayed by teams like MK and Charlton who can pass and switch the ball around at will. Those pitch length runs by the big Charlton player were scary to watch but I almost wanted him to score because it’s the kind of footy FP has been starved of for so long.
Williams could be out now for a bit - Tunni has issues (not on the bench last night) - that leaves Thompson & Morrell for the engine room (very threadbare) - now if we had the full compliment of 22 players

Gotta question where Freeman & Reeco fit into Cowley’s preferred system - then major question marks over Hume,Robertson & Thomason’s injury history

Huge potential to be very very threadbare
And all the while DC saying he couldn’t get any midfielders he wanted , bollix he could’ve got another loan, Ben Thompson went on a free ffs, even if he didn’t perform like the new messiah he’s still better than anyone we’ve got bar Morrell.
It is early days with the Cowleys but I can’t see us going anywhere with these PE teachers
(31-01-2022, 10:54 PM)Pompeyloyal Wrote: [ -> ]Threadbare squad

We are not threadbare - but when we were, back in November as injuries and suspensions hit, we played some of the best football of our season! 
Work that one out.
(01-02-2022, 09:04 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]

We are not threadbare - but when we were, back in November as injuries and suspensions hit, we played some of the best football of our season! 
Work that one out.

Give it 2/3/4 weeks & your opinion might well change - looking like Thompson might have to play every minute now - that’s just for a kick off
Can’t believe we’ve come out of the T/W with LESS players

WTF is the thinkin here - do Tornante think we are safe for this season?
(01-02-2022, 10:17 AM)Pompeyloyal Wrote: [ -> ]Can’t believe we’ve come out of the T/W with LESS players

WTF is the thinkin here - do Tornante think we are safe for this season?

Cost-cutting, innit.
(01-02-2022, 10:11 AM)Pompeyloyal Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-02-2022, 09:04 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]

Work that one out.

Give it 2/3/4 weeks & your opinion might well change - looking like Thompson might have to play every minute now - that’s just for a kick off

Blimey, I see your point. Just clocked the squad and when you take away all the ones out on loan and long-term injuries adding to the recent departures, we are skating on rather thin ice. 
We have seven defenders available to us, seven midfielders and five forwards. So 19 professionals. Just enough to make a match day squad. Fine. 
For a basketball team.
Pompey are down to 14 outfield players ahead of tomorrow’s clash with Burton.

Cowley has come over extremely naive I’m afraid

I just can’t see the thinkin behind it
(07-02-2022, 01:21 PM)Pompeyloyal Wrote: [ -> ]Pompey are down to 14 outfield players ahead of tomorrow’s clash with Burton.

But Cowley was the one who wanted more signings on the last day of the window ... how does that make him naive ?
(07-02-2022, 02:06 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-02-2022, 01:21 PM)Pompeyloyal Wrote: [ -> ]Pompey are down to 14 outfield players ahead of tomorrow’s clash with Burton.

But Cowley was the one who wanted more signings on the last day of the window ... how does that make him naive ?

He must of been aware of the budget - he’s also signed injury prone players - 2 of his midfielders have issues 1 being in the very last period of his career & another that needs to be ‘minute’ managed - sounds like Tornante stretched the budget already this season on Morrell & Remao

Cowley must’ve been working/tying in with our CEO during the Jan T/W
When you think we’ve had Covid to deal with - also internationals

Surely the squad should be at its maximum limit - which isn’t that big anyway - it’s not as if we have a large pool of youth to use 

Games comin thick and fast now

I think he’s been very lucky to get this far without having big issues
He wanted to bring in 2 on deadilne day, they only achieved 1 (O'Brien) so that was 1 short. Now since then we've lost Romeo, Williams and Freeman They have appealed Morrell's Red and recalled the youngster from the Hawks Jewett-White. Mingi who was on loan at Maidenhead, but is back now, he is injured too. Liam Vincent and Jayden Reed have never been fit from what I've seen. Have I forgot anyone ?
Needed a robust playin squad for the here & now - Vicent was to be loan out from memory,probably only on peanuts

Robertson,Harrison,Brown,Thompson,Downing were also all part of the squad & all spend chunks of time out of action
Tunnicliffe too, He went off v Bolton Oct 30th and has only just reappeared. I remember Cowley shouting at him to go down when he was injured
Bit of injury news from Cowley...........Pompey will be without Kieron Freeman, who was forced off at the Kassam Stadium with a head injury.

Cowley said: “He was unfortunately concussed and now has to follow the protocols, while he landed on his ankle and that’s ballooned up.

“It’s quite swollen, so that will need to be scanned. I anticipate that it will keep him out longer than the head injury.

“We’ll now have to see whether Mahlon Romeo is ready to go for Tuesday evening, but we certainly hope so.”
Pages: 1 2